Tuesday, May 8, 2007

While dad's away, the family will play!!







FUN IN THE SUN!!!!!



Yeah, post number 2! Sometimes I feel guilty that my cute hubby has to go to school and study all day and I get to go do fun things with the kids. I know, I know, it's not all fun and games being a stay at home mom, believe me, I know. But, the last two days, the kids and I have had a lot of fun! Yesterday it was very warm outside, so we went to the pool with some other mommies and their kiddos. It started off rough because Cade got something in his eye. I'm thinking it was sun screen. It was awful! He was screaming and crying for like 10 minutes at the pool while I was trying to clean it out with water, etc., etc. He kept saying, "mommy, just wipe it out!" It's the worse when your child really needs you and you feel like you are doing all you know how to do and nothing is working. It felt like he thought there was more that I could do but I just wasn't doing it or something! Anyway, after like 20 minuted, we finally just walked across the street back to our apartment. I called my mom because she has a natural cure for everything! She told me to mix 10 parts water, 2 parts honey, and 1 part apple cider vinegar and put a few drops in his eye. I was a little skeptical, but figured it was worth a try. Sure enough, minute after I did this, Cade was fine! Amazing! I am a believer! LOL! After the trauma, we went back to the pool and had a great time for another hour or so. We have so many great friends here!!



Jumpin for joy with the Barneys and the Palmers!!



Today we went to the "Bounce House" for the first time! I'm not sure if that's the official name, but it works. It's an indoor place in Santa Ana that has some of those big bounce toys. . . you know, the inflatable ones you can rent for parties and all the kids jump inside of them. Anyway, they had a bunch blown up for the public. It cost $8 for kids over 15 months, and they let us adults go for free to help the kids. It was a lot of fun for the kids and the moms!! I felt like a kid again! Cade had a blast. He is usually a little timid when it comes to climbing and slides, etc. but he wasn't at all when we were there. He even went down the really big slide all by himself! One of my friends took a video clip of Cade and I going down the slide together, but I am not quite sure how to post that. I'll try to figure that out this week and post it soon. Anyway, I definitely recommend this place for something fun and different to do with kids. I definitely plan on going back. . . hopefully with Craig next time, so he can join in on the fun!!



Look at Cade's smile. . .
he's lovin this!!



















Make a basket!!












Cade, Blake and Brooklyn climb up, so they can come down the big slide!!







Ambree may be a little one, but she still had a lot of fun!!























3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Between yours and Lindsay's posting, I think "Pump It Up" should start paying you guys for advertising! :o)

Melissa said...

FUN! I wish they had one of these in UT. Oh, well, we will just have to settle for the zoo. It looks like you can handle 2 kids really well. Sienna is still at the stage where she just sleeps in her carseat, I am afraid by the time she is crawling around I will just have to lock myself in the house and never come out :)

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you were able to use that picture of Ambree! She's a cutie!