Thursday, May 24, 2007

Did I leave my patience at Chuck-E-Cheese!?

About an hour ago I began the process of putting my kids to bed, and thought, after this, I can have some peace and quiet and work on my blog. Well, as I type, they are both in their beds, in two separate rooms, and they are both crying . . . ugh! Can't I have any PEACE!! I try to be positive when it comes to raising children, but sometimes, I seriously don't know how much longer I can do this! On a good note, we have had some fun family outings . . . not very relaxing, but fun. Since Craig took his last final yesterday (last one in his life, unless he decides to go back to school for some reason in the future, I hope not!), we decided to take the kids to Chuck-E-Cheese to celebrate! Neither one of us had been there since we were kids, and Cade has been asking to go (he has a Chuck-E-Cheese Puzzle). It was actually really nice! They have a pretty decent all you can eat salad bar, and lots of fun games and rides that Cade was able to use. Back to the bed time sagga: OK, so I broke down and went into see what the problem was with Cade. Of course, he wanted more songs, even though i already read him stories and sang him songs! After singing more songs and putting him to bed again, Ambree was still crying 15 minutes later. So, now as I type, I am holding her and typing with one hand. . . at least no one is crying! I know part of Cade's problem is that he isn't taking naps much anymore . . . another ugh! I think he is overly tired now. Any suggestions on how to deal with the growing out of naps phase! And any suggestions on the losing patience with your children phase!? How long does that phase last anyway? Hopefully not too long!

3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

It's funny you should write this blog. I told my Mom I just want to feel "normal" again, meaning I want to carry on a normal conversation without a baby whining or crying in the middle of it and making me lose my thought. My Mom's loving reply, "This is "normal" now." HA HA! They certainly make it worth it, but sometimes, it's just so exhausting, isn't it?

Leslie said...

His last final?! That is absolutely FABULOUS for you both! And about the children...I think it lasts a lifetime, and I have told Gracie that she is taking naps until she is 18. Naptime=sanity. Thank you.

Trenda said...

Yeah, his last final, but he still has a year where he will be working in different optometry offices, kind of like an internship, without the pay! Oh, and yes, I agree that naptime=sanity! I usually make Cade play in his room quietly without bugging me for at least an hour if he doesnt take a nap.