Sunday, May 20, 2007

I am NOT guilty!!

Most of my posts so far have had positive advertising for various places and things, well, except for the "bounce burn" I guess. Anyway, this one is bad advertisement for a certain store that I am sure most of you are familiar with. . . Joann's Fabric Store (which I have never had a problem with until the other day)! Here's the story: A few weeks ago, my husband wanted 6 yards of black spandex fabric(which isn't cheep) for something he was thinking about doing for his school talent show. As a dutiful wife, I went to get the fabric at Joann's. They had 4 yards on one spool, and 2 yards (so I thought) on another spool. I thought we could just go ahead and sew the two pieces together, so I went ahead and bought the fabric. The lady assured me that I could return it if I didn't cut it, and she felt bad that they didn't have the full six yards together, so she said I could use my 50% off coupon on the 6 yards combined, since you are only able to use the coupon on one item. Well, my husband didn't end up doing the talent show, and therefor didn't need the fabric. We never even took it out of the bag! So, I went to return it the other day, and the lady said she needed to measure it first. When she took it out of the bag and saw it was cut, she said, "Oh, we can't take it back because you cut it." I explained that that was how I bought it, and she said, "The recite shows that it was one item." I explained all the details about the purchase, and she said she would talk to a manager. So, the manager comes over and measures both pieces to see if they added up to 6 yards, and they didn't! It was 6 inches shorter than 6 yards . . . and as I said earlier, I we never even took it out of the bag. The ladies both kept questioning me and saying that their employees know the rules and they wouldn't do this and that, etc., etc. Anyway, after a lot of explaining on my part, the manager finally agreed to refund the 5 yards and 30 inches that I had with me. In the long run, I didn't lose out on much money, just 1-2 dollars, but I was completely innocent, and I know that when I left, they thought I was a liar and a stealer, and that I was in the wrong, when in actuality, their employee charged me for 6 inches of fabric that I never got, and sold me fabric that was already cut without writing a note and signing the recite, like they are supposed to do. It was just annoying to try to plead not guilty for something that I was really not guilty of doing! Thank goodness, it was only 6 inches of fabric, in a fabric store, and not a murder case, in front of a judge and a jury!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I hate it when stuff like that happens! It's so frustrating when you are just being honest and no one will believe you. That's how it is though, all the liars ruin it for the honest people!
P.S. Black spandex? Hmmmmm.... What talent involves that? :)

Trenda said...

Oh, I guess that does sound kind of funny! He was thinking about doing another "little man" show, like last year. He wanted the spandex for part of it. . . I'm not sure exactly what.

Leslie said...

Trenda, this is hysterical. I mean, I'm sure it was frustrating at the time, and annoying that you were trying to do the right thing and getting burned for it....but in the end, it's a little funny too. Oh the drama....all for a little man talent!! :)

Jessica said...

Spandex eh? Are you sure he wasn't wanting you to make yourself a little get up? Some guys dig spandex.

Trenda said...

Ok, so maybe I souldn't have mentioned the spandex part! I just wanted you to get the idia that is was expensive fabric. Spandex is like $10.00 a yard! Luckily I had a 50% off coupon.