Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My dream home . . .

What is your dream home like?

Do you want a house with water front property?

Or maybe not water front, but definitely close to the beach!


Or maybe the desert?

Perhaps you can't stand the heat and want a house in the snow, maybe even dome shaped so you feel like an Eskimo right in the middle of Alaska!


Maybe you want a big fancy house in a crowded, upper class city like Beverly Hills or Hollywood?


Or do you prefer a quaint little cabin in the mountains with very few people around you?

I'll tell you what my dream home is. I don't care where it is located, or what it looks like from the outside as long as it has the following:
  1. A big walk-in pantry in the kitchen where I can put the broom, mop, and garbage can inside and lock the door!
  2. Bathroom cupboards that are high enough that my kid's cannot reach them and long enough for me to put the plunger, the toilet bowl scrubber, and the bathroom trash can into.
  3. A high place to put the toilet paper roll.
  4. Floors and counters that are not white (Preferably some type of neutral/tan tile with dark grout)!
  5. Carpet that is not beige (preferably something that doesn't show the dirt very easily).
  6. Toilets, tables, couches, beds, counters, and chairs that rise up and down, preferably high enough to be out of the kis's reach.
  7. Closets in the bedrooms that have lots of bars for the clothes that are up high and not at the same level as my kid's little hands.
  8. Closet doors that have locks on them and don't slide open.
  9. An entertainment center that has a very high location for our videos/DVDs.
  10. A lot more counter space and some type of seat to put my kids in and buckle them in while I am cooking and they insist to be up watching me. . . something to buckle their hands down would be nice too.
  11. Doors that I can put childproof knobs on.
  12. A computer, TV, radio, VCR, dishwasher, and oven/burners that my children cannot turn on, turn off, open, or close.
  13. Lot's of high cupboard space in my children's rooms to put diapers, wipes, and TOYS on.
  14. A play room for my kids.
  15. A theatre for my kids (not that I let them watch much TV . . . I would never do that)! :)
  16. A big yard with lots of fun things to entertain the kids!
  17. A maid would be nice too!

I guess the thing in common with most of the things that I want in my dream home are things that are high so my kids cannot get into them and things to entertain my kids! It's unfortunate that by the time we might actually be able to afford a house with all these things my kids will probably all be raised and moved out of the home. I guess there will be grandchildren, but I'm sure I will think my grandchildren are perfect and won't need a lot of these things by then, right!? I guess only time will tell!

8 comments:

Weston & Jennie said...

The background was gone when I read this, but I think that I got the gest(?) of it. I don't think that you are alone in many of these things. the only different request that I can think of is a muzzel or something for my little one so that she can't put every little thing in her mouth. I caught Macey with the door stop in her mouth. She just ripped it off of the bathroom wall and was sucking on it like a sucker.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Trenda, as I was reading your post, I was still laughing about your story of Cade and his "mess" at the mall. Are you happy, Mom?

((Giggles))

Michelle said...

Sounds like it's been one of "those" days. :)
Great dream home, when can I move in? And Jennie... we have all our door stops in drawers... Dylan likes to eat them too! The ones at my parent's house are slowly disapearing too! Kids are so fun!

By the way... please call if I can help with the move in any way! Maybe take those kids off your hands for a while? :)

Emily said...

Done... I can draw the house plans out for you!!! hhahaha. Sounds nice!

Melissa said...

Oooh...are you coming here soon? Do you have a house out here? We need to get together!

Jenna said...

One more thing...a magical cupboard that you just say the toy you want to play with and it appears...when it hasn't been played with for up to 5 minutes, then it magically disappears back in to the cupboard!

And hey, I'd love to hear about Cade's "mess"...sounds fun...

Courtney said...

Thanks a lot, Trenda, I am now sitting in our lovely 2-bedroom apartment dreaming of a house...again :) OOooo, my list seriously could go on and on!!! It's fun to read about your dream house :)

Becky Mutter said...

Where is this house? I want one too! It has to be ESPECIALLY Tyler-proof!!! And, impervious (?sp?) to Gentian Violet. :o)