Friday, September 14, 2007

What is it that I actually do all day?

Do you ever have days where you feel like you've been doing things all day, but at the end of the day there isn't any tangible evidence, and you think, "what exactly did I do all day?" Well, I feel that way all the time, so when I saw my friends post (Summer Christiansen), where she documented her day through pictures, I thought it would be fun to do the same thing, in order to have proof that I actually do quite a bit in one day! Of course, taking pictures of everything added a lot more to do to my day, but it was fun too. So, if you have ever wondered what it is that "stay at home moms" do all day, here is your answer . . .

A day in the life of Me . . .Sept. 10, 2007 . . .

After my husband gets Ambree out of here crib and leaves for work, she comes toddling into my room, where I am peacefully sleeping and shoves this toy in my face, while whining! I then realize this is her way of saying, this isn't working . . . help me! So, in a groggy state, I get up and put new batteries in her barney toy!


Make breakfast . . . it's amazing how much longer this process takes when you have children to feed! And of course, Cade won't eat cold cereal, he insists on eggs and toast!


Get kids ready for the day, which includes doing Ambree's hair, which I usually do while she is eating breakfast.



Comforted Cade after he pulled this drawer out and onto his foot!



Helped Cade make a chain to count down the days until his birthday, since he asks me everyday, "How many more days?"

Colored with Cade and told him not to poke his eyes out with the marker!

Put Ambree down for a nap.

Put a video on for Cade . . . right now, this is his video of choice!



Finally was able to get myself ready for the day!



Return a few e-mails and do some blogging . . . of course!

Get various snacks and drinks for the kids throughout the day.



And for myself as well.



Watch Cade build a "really big tower" which he was really excited about! Then watch Ambree knock it over and have to make sure that he didn't strangle her! Had to tell Ambree over and over again not to knock his tower over and had to remind Cade to share over and over again!



Went to Walmart and Albertsons . . . luckily without kids today because Craig had a break for a few hours before he had to go back to school (not very common).



Carried some groceries in the house and then decided to use the stroller for the rest (of course Ambree wanted to go along for the ride). What will it be like someday to be able to park my car in front of my house and walk only a few steps to my front door?

Put the groceries away!

Pushed the kids in their swing. Had to make sure Ambree didn't get too close to Cade when he was in the swing and get knocked over!



Ate left over pizza for lunch!

Washed Ambree's highchair tray multiple times throughout the day, and the kids hands and faces!

Changed who knows how many diapers between the two of them.

Cleaned up mess after mess after mess!





Did LOTS of laundry!

Decided Cade needed a break from watching "Dora" and read him a few stories.

Made dinner and then ate it when Craig got home.



Told Cade not to stand up and not to throw his fork on the floor and to eat his vegetables and not to put the pot lid on his head multiple times!


Cleaned up dinner . . .

Did the dishes. . .



Watched Craig clean up Ambree's dinner mess with the vacuum and then proceed to play with the kids, with the vacuum (I know . . . not the most sanitary activity)!




Also watched Craig play with Cade doing this (I know, I know . . . not the safest activity)!


Decided to take the kids to the park for "Family Home Evening" since they hadn't been out all day!




Came home and did the good old "bed time routine" and put the kids to bed . . . ahhhhh. . .

Felt like doing nothing after the kids were in bed, but forced myself to go to the gym and of course read "New Moon" while I was on the elliptical machine. . . this is a great way for me to wind down.

Took a shower (sorry, no pic. of this!LOL!) got ready for bed, read scriptures, prayed, and went to bed to rest for another day! I look a little less chipper by the end of the day, as you can see! After seeing my day in pictures, I realize that I actually do quite a bit during the day, and I usually don't have tangible evidence at the end of the day besides the fact that my kids are fed and clean and our laundry and dishes are done and we have food in the cupboards. Maybe someday soon I'll get to all of those projects I want to finish and then I'll have evedence that's more visible . . . for now, these pics will have to do!

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can't read any of your captions because your background is all crazy!!! The pics look fun, though! I really should do this one day...

Lindsay said...

I love your narrations for your "Day in the life of Trenda!" You're such a perfect mommy! :) The template I used is from http://www.matiekay.blogspot.com/

The Murdocks said...

Oh man, I got exhausted just reading your blog. I don't know how you do it! I watch my little cousins for a couple hours but then I get to go home while their mom takes over. I totally have so much respect for moms that are with their kids all day long. Lots of work but so rewarding.

*Matie Kay* said...

I re-did the HTML so re copy and paste it. Let me know if that works so I can continue to improve my templates. Thanks!

Carrie Anne said...

Hey! It's Carrie Rhodes..remember me? You did my eyebrows for me a few times!:) Anyway, I clicked on your blog from Lindsay's and it's fun to see how old your kids are! Very cute! Love your blog site, too! Way cute! HEre's our blog:
www.furnamom.blogspot.com
I hope you are doing well!

Michelle said...

Hopefully no one ever asks you that dreaded question, "what do you do all day?" ever again! Nice to see this documented! I think if anyone ever asks I'll have to give them your link! Nice work!

summer c said...

How cute! I know it is quite the project but it made me appreciate the little things. And don't worry, someday you will have a driveway and a garage. And it is absolutely fabulous! Don't worry, your almost there!!!!!

*Matie Kay* said...

I was hoping it would fix the problem. I am using the blogger minima html so I don't think there is much I can do then what I already tried since it is their origional template. Sorry.

Carrie Anne said...

Hi, Trenda! Love this blog! And how do you get the cute background template? You and Lindsay have the cutest blogs dangit!:) Anyway, I waxed my eyebrows last night and thought of you.:) I don't know how I got those pictures small on my blog...I don't really know what I'm doing on my blog. I still don't even know how to do a title at the top with a picture. Anyway, this was a great blog with great pictures...such a great idea!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Seriously, I am tired just having read that. What a good Mom you are!