Monday, September 24, 2007

A trip down memory lane because . . .

Cade turned three!!
Cade's birthday on Sept. 23, 2004

Cade's birthday on Sept. 23, 2005


Cade's birthday on Sept. 23, 2006

Cade's Birthday on Sept. 23, 2007

Cade with his presents from Grandma and Grandpa Clegg. . . I think it's funny how similar this picture is to the one above it from last year! LOL!

Cade got the same card from his Grandma Carol and his Great Grandma Clegg (Grandma Carol's mom). LOL!

Cade enjoying his loot from Grandma Carol and Grandpa Bill!!


Opening all those presents sure wore this little guy out!!

30 (since 3 isn't very many I just added a 0) things about Cade!!
  1. He was born at Placentia Linda Hospital.
  2. He and his sister were both born on the 23rd. . . Ambree is June.
  3. He weighed 8lbs. 3 oz. when he was born.
  4. He started talking when he was 10 months old and has been talking almost non-stop ever since!
  5. His first word was ball.
  6. He has always loved to eat!
  7. He has loved books since he was very little and will sometimes sit by himself for an hour just looking at them.
  8. He also loves puzzles, coloring, painting, and play doh!
  9. He has never been a big climber . . . he can climb out of the crib, he just chooses not to.
  10. He loves "characters" such as Diego, Dora, Blue's Clues, Woody, Buzz, All Sesame Street guys, Curious George, Barney, Thomas the Train, Jay Jay the Jet Plane, etc.
  11. He loves doing imaginary play with these characters and of course wants Craig and I to join in on the fun!
  12. He loves videos, but he didn't start liking them until he was around 18 months old. . . He's not a fan of Disney yet (only Toy Story).
  13. He is very affectionate and loves to give hugs and kisses.
  14. He doesn't like it when other people are sad and tries very hard to make them happy.
  15. He loves to sing and seems to have perfect pitch.
  16. He loves the park, children's museum, pool, Disneyland, etc.
  17. He loves going to work with his daddy (delivering boxes on campus).
  18. We think he may have an audio graphic memory because he remembers everything and even has to remind me of things that I really have forgotten.
  19. He has a good sense of direction (must have gotten that from Craig).
  20. He will not go to bed without at least 2 bed time stories, unless he just happens to fall asleep on the floor or in the car.
  21. He loves doing things as a family and will smile and say, "Look, we're all a family!"
  22. He likes to help us cook.
  23. He loves blueberries, hummus and shrimp (not typical, I know).
  24. He is very independent and always wants to do things by himself.
  25. If he is talking and we aren't paying attention he will either say, "Look at me when I'm talking" or "Your not listening to me." I wonder where he gets those sayings from? LOL!
  26. He loves the beach (rolling in the sand and playing in the waves).
  27. He loves animals and even told me that today as he was playing with a toy duck at the store.
  28. He is very sensitive if he knows we are mad at him. He will say things like, "are you happy" and "do you forgive me?"
  29. He brings a lot of energy, light, and volume to our home.
  30. We love him very much and couldn't imagine our lives without him!

Happy 3rd Birthday Little Man!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun. 3 is my favorite age so far. They soak things up like little sponges, and are so eager to learn new things. He is so cute! I think it is crazy that he really hasn't changed a ton looks-wise from his first birthday! (Well, beside the fact that he is bigger.) I hope he had a great birthday, he is lucky to have such a good mommy!

Diane said...

I can't believe it has been three years. I remember coming over to your apartment when you got home from the hospital and was so surprised that you had so much company at your house and you were completely calm and seemed such a natural with your new baby. I didn't even know you then, and never got the chance to get to know you that well while I was in So. Cal. because you moved shortly after that. Isn't it funny that I could find so much about you through your blog?! It has been lots of fun getting to know you better. Great post. Happy times! You are such a cute mom!

Alisha said...

What happened to your new layout?

Trenda said...

The new layout keeps giving me problems. Earlier today it was all white and wouldn't show some of the pictures, so I'm sticking with this for a while. . . we'll see!

Lyndi Dunlavy said...

Happy Birthday to Cade!! I love your blog and the "day in the life of Trenda"! It makes you realize how much you actually do in one day :). I am so excited for Christmas. We would love to have your family stay with us. When will you be here? Patrick is so excited for the Williams whole fam to be here too, we'll make some fun memories! Talk to you later.

Lyndi Dunlavy said...

One more thing-my layout did the same thing, but it is fine now. I love your new layout too!