Monday, September 10, 2007

I just don't understand . . .

My husband's obsession with BYU Football!!

Here we are before the game (look at those smiles).

My brother Justin, and his wife Tara and son Brogan met us there, which was fun. . . isn't Brogan adorable! He did such a good job and was so happy! Maybe he'll be a football star like his daddy!

Lots of friends met up with us too! Here I am with Lindsay and Jennie (they are rooting for the Pinkies team . . . ever heard of the)? Come on girls . . . where's the blue!? Maybe they just don't have husbands who have BYU shirts sent to them ahead of time!
The game was very close for a long time and we thought we even had a chance of winning, but in the end, we lost (17-27) so sad!!

We aren't so happy anymore! It's OK, there's always next time!? I don't think I've ever been to a BYU game where they won, though. Maybe I'm bad luck for them? Who knows!?

The loss didn't deter my husband at all from planning to attend more games this year. . . Las Vegas, San Diego, Provo (multiple times, since we will be living in Salt Lake by November), and he even thought about driving to New Mexico (but gave it up after finding out it was 10 hrs from Fullerton)! He still might drive to Laramie, though, from Salt Lake for the game against Wyoming. He's obviously a bigger fan than me, but I'm glad that he has something he enjoys doing, and that he finally has time to enjoy doing it. He's worked so hard over the last 3 1/2 years of optometry school studying, working in clinic, holding down an on-campus job that he has to work every weekday, and serving on the Student Association Board that he hasn't had any time to watch games; let alone go to any. I think, too, that it helps him connect with his youth since he and his dad used to watch games together on Saturdays every fall since Craig was a baby. I actually think it's cute to see him so excited (instead of stressed out about school) even if I don't fully understand why he likes it so much. I'm sure, though, that there are a lot of things about me that he just doesn't understand too! Like . . . blogging, buying shampoo and conditioner that costs$20.00 a bottle, wanting makeup that costs $60.00, buying scrap book stuff and ribbon, and other craft stuff, when I already have a ton of it that hasn't been touched, spending hours shopping for one thing (supposedly), reading a love story about a vampire, etc, etc. I guess I just have to remember that we both have our own interests, and that's what makes life interesting . . . right!? I thought his little map below was appropriate for this post. LOL!!

10 comments:

Emily said...

What a sad day for BYU! Very disappointing. Where did you get the cool template???? I can't figure out how to get all the cool ones.

Leslie said...

Cool post. You guys looked great in your shirts! Thanks again for giving Jonathan a ride to the game! You really helped me out and he had a great time at the game! Thanks for buying him a burrito too! He told me he really liked it and that we should go there to get some more. funny!

Trenda said...

Emily, I just added the link to the blog that shows how to make your own templates on the right of my blog . . . check it out!

Leslie said...

Have to say:
1. I get your blog on my feed, so I don't always stop by the actual site. But I'm always reading. But since I thought I'd stop in and say hello, I'll also say that I Love the new template! SO FUN!
2. Cute pictures of all of you. Even though you don't get the obsession, it looks like you had a good time.
3. Love the diagram. It's kind of true. :)

Stacy said...

adam was working in las vegas. i guess i shouldnt complain...it was nice at first. But after awhile i wanted to be able to talk to him mostly. Well, looks like you guys had fun at the game! I have to say UCLA all the way! hahahaha

Jessica said...

That is so fun. I didn't know Craig was such a fanatic. Wish we could have been there...but oh yeah we had clinic (or should I say Damon had clinic)

summer c said...

That is so funny! As I was reading your post I was laughing out loud! It sounded as if I was writting it myself. I think we are destined! Jon doesn't understand the blogging, make up & hair stuff, the vampire book (I finally read twilight in 2 days-sunday and monday!) shopping etc.... That is too funny. I am glad i'm not the only one who doesn't get it. Jon is obsessed with baseball-Atlanta Braves. Of course I am a fan but not a freak/fanatic :)

Christie said...

My husband is OBSESSED, I tell you, with BYU football. It's a good thing I never went into labor during a game, or I'd have been on my own. Seriously. He flies to as many games as he can every year. I happily let him because then I get girls trips to NYC or shopping sprees of my own. It's a fair trade and we're both happy!

Lyndi Dunlavy said...

I completley know how you feel. Those crazy BYU fans :) I wish you lived closer so we could let our husbands watch the games together.
By the way, your blog looks so great! How did you get it to look like that? Please let me know your special secret.
Love Lyndi

Diane said...

Oh BYU football! It's the best, especially when they win. Too bad they lost this one. Just looking at the pictures on your post makes me homesick for good ol' Cali. The two of you look great in your BYU blue's. Bob was really sad that it wasn't anywhere to be found on satelite TV. He didn't feel quite as bad when he found out they lost though. Fun post!