Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Everybody's Doing It (Second Edition) . . .

Another thing that I was hearing a lot about and of course, didn't want to be left out of the loop, was about the books by Stephenie Meyer. I heard that the author was LDS and the books were even on sale at Deseret Book. I heard that it was a love story, and it was about Vampires. I also heard that the books were voted the best of the decade, and on the New York Times best sellers list. Now wouldn't all of that peak your interest!? Anyway, since I just finished another book, and needed something new to read, I decided to borrow the first one from one of my friends. Although the book was different from what I usually read, I'll admit, it was very interesting, and I kept wanting to read more and more! I actually read the 500 page book in a little less than a week (I think that's a record for me)! Now I need to get my hands on the second one . . . maybe I should wait a while though and clean my house and feed my kids. . . they haven't eaten all week! Ha Ha Ha!

5 comments:

Alisha said...

It's so funny how you don't know something exists and then BOOM... it's EVERYWHERE! I've had a FEW people mention these books in the past but I was just sitting around at my sis-in-law's in Dallas and picked up Twilight to read. I read it in about 24 hours. Then I read the next one in about the same amount of time. I was so desperate to finish I stayed up until 12:30 each of those nights, even the night before school. (I get up at 5 am!) CRAZY! So I really wanted to get my hands on the next one... so I'm borrowing it... FROM MY STUDENT AT SCHOOL! I think that's kinda funny... but otherwise I would have had to wait for my sis-in-law to send it or... heaven forbid... BUY the darn thing! So anyway... I'm now obsessed. I forgot the 3rd book at school so I've been checking out Stephenie Meyer's website all day. Pathetic. :)

summer c said...

I have heard all the hype about this book also. I have been a little preoccupied lately but I want to be "in on it" too. I hear you can check it out at the library. You just have to put yourself on the 3 month long reserved list!

Weston & Jennie said...

Don't worry Trenda, I am almost done with the second one and you can have it next. It will give you time to clean your house, feed your kids, etc.....

Stacy said...

I heard about the books too. I read it in 2 days in Idaho. I have to admit i couldnt put it down. I am usually not much of a reader but lately its growing on me. I am on the next book New Moon Already!! I also bought the 3rd book to read when im done.

Diane said...

OK...I'm convinced. I'm going to go buy this book and read it. My daughter just finished it. She began reading it on a road trip from San Diego to Cedar City. After trying to explain the plot to her husband she just began reading it to him. He was hooked too. They couldn't wait to be alone or in the car so they could finish it. I thought that was so funny that they'd rather read their book than visit with the family they went to visit. This must be a good one!

I loved looking at your latest posts. Man I can't keep track of those Barney's. It's like "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego!". Glad you had a great time. I'm trying to figure how I can get us to Chicago to see it! You both look so cute in those pictures!!