Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I love hand-me-downs!!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I love hand-me-downs, things from thrift stores, garage sales, used things on e-bay, etc. and I don't have any shame in admitting it! I know part of the reason I like that stuff is because I have always been low on money, but I think I would still enjoy it if I had a lot of money. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy new things too, but there is just something very satisfying about getting something for really cheap, or even free (that's the best).


A while back our good friends, the Palmers,
decided that they didn't want their double jogging stroller anymore, so guess who they gave it to? US!! Thanks again Palmers . . . we have really enjoyed this! I use it for walks and runs in the mornings.


Isn't this picture adorable!? I have to take pictures of Cade when he is being sweet with Ambree because if doesn't happen that often!


Craig even rigged up a way to attach it to his bike so we can go on family bike rides! I know you are probably thinking that may not be safe, and I was skeptical at first, but the contraption is really well put together. Craig is very good at building things like this. He did this with metal bars and screws, and it has a devise that makes it able to turn just fine and we put their helmets on them, etc. Why didn't we just the baby carrier that is made for this kind of thing? Well, that would cost extra money, and then we would have another "big thing" that we would need to store!


Craig had taken the kids on bike rides this way a couple times before I decided to get on my bike and join them for a "family outing". It had been about two years since I rode my bike due to pregnancy, two kids, etc. So, I went out to the patio to retrieve the bike and this is what I found. . .






Somehow, a vine had made its way onto our patio through the crack below the wall and wrapped its way around the spoke on the wheel. I had to use scissors to get it off and of course my tires needed air and my chain needed to be oiled! It turned out to be a lot of fun and good exercise. I really enjoy doing "active" family activities! Does that surprise you?


A couple weeks ago, we even took the jogging stroller to the beach on a Sunday afternoon to walk around the pier which was fun and very INTERESTING! I'll tell ya, there are some interesting people out there . . . especially on a Sunday afternoon! I don't know if it was really the best place to go to feel the spirit, but is was nice to get the kids out of the house. Sometimes when we are all cooped up in the house it is hard to feel the spirit too! So Sad!
Needless to say we have enjoyed this particular hand me down very much! I just hope after reading this post the Palmers don't decide that they want it back after all! LOL!


2 comments:

summer c said...

I love free stuff. Although when your not in school any more and you have a job you don't tend to get it as much:)
Love the bike pic! So funny.

Lindsay said...

No, you can keep it!! ;) I can't pile all three of my kids on that thing!!! I'm glad you're getting so much use out of it!