Sunday, September 30, 2007

Now that Cade's three . . .

He sleeps in a toddler bed!
Cade has never been a big climber, so although he has climbed out of his crib once or twice, I don't think he enjoyed it enough to do it again, which was fine with me! A couple weeks before he turned three he asked why all of his friends had "big boy/girl'' beds and he still had a "baby" bed. After that comment, Craig and I decided to try him in a toddler bed. I was a little worried, but he's been in it a week now, and we haven't had any problems (knock on wood)! Once we do his bedtime routine and turn off the lights he doesn't get up. I think a lot of this just has to do with the fact that he was quite a bit older and excited to sleep with "Diego!" LOL!


He goes down a slide by himself!
My kids are pretty opposite when it comes to personality! Ambree is a "climber" and she is fearless. Cade has always been a little more cautious and timid when it comes to climbing and slides. He has been going down the closed tube slides for a couple months by himself, but he wouldn't go down a slide like the one below by himself until he saw Ambree doing it a couple weeks ago! Thank you Ambree for motivating Cade to achieve this milestone in his life. We were getting a little worried!



Ambree is very pleased with herself after going down the slide all by herself . . . what a big girl!


He is attempting to go potty in the toilet instead of in his diaper!
I haven't been very consistent with the whole potty trainging thing, but I am going to start being consistent now . . . any tips!?

And of course, Ambree wants to do the same thing . . . who knows, maybe she will get potty trained soon and then Cade will follow her lead again! We'll see!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute! It's so fun to watch them grow up. With Savannah, plain M & M's were the thing that really worked. I know, that probably isn't your thing as a health food nut, but it really seemed to help motivate her. 3 for a pee, 5 for a poop. Then, after she got really good, we just stopped giving them to her, and she stopped asking. At first I would give her one for trying. Then I got tired of taking her to the bathroom and just sitting there, so she stopped getting them for trying. Fun times! Good luck!

Jamie said...

Don't give up, is my advice. Once you start you can't stop, otherwise they will keep going back to the diaper. If you are consistant for a good week, it gets easier I promise. And then once they are all done, you are glad you stuck with it!!

Jamie said...

Don't give up, is my advice. Once you start you can't stop, otherwise they will keep going back to the diaper. If you are consistant for a good week, it gets easier I promise. And then once they are all done, you are glad you stuck with it!!

Lindsay said...

I'm glad to hear Cade's doing well in his new "big boy" bed! And you've heard my stories about potty training. If he's ready, it'll be quick! Good luck!

summer c said...

I think you did the most important potty training trick already. Wait until they are a little older. I think this definitely helps. I have heard that you take like the whole week off from going anywhere and put your full attention in to it. I am probably waiting till max is 3. With hunter I started a little too soon and it actually took a lot longer than maybe it should have. GOOD LUCK!