Saturday, June 2, 2007

Some things I learned this week. . . or at least was reminded of. . .

  • If you leave a tack on the floor, your toddler is bound to poke you in the butt with it!
  • If you leave scissors out, your toddler is bound to cut the bead spread with them (this happened at grandma's house).
  • Cade's little potty is not the best toy for Ambree to suck on!
  • Neither are his rubber "crocks" shoes that she absolutely loves!
  • You can never have too many fans (you know the ones that keep you cool when it is hot), according to Craig. . . we now have five!
  • When one person in the family gets sick, everyone is bound to get sick.
  • It is not fun when everyone in the family is sick!
  • When you try to force your toddler to take cough syrup after they repeatedly say, "no, no, I don't like it!" They will most likely spit it all over you, themself, and the carpet!
  • The best way to get them to take cough syrup is by putting it in their juice!
  • It is very difficult to expect a toddler to look down while giving them a hair cut, when you just put their favorite movie on!
  • If you leave wet clothes sitting in the washing machine for 4 days, you will need to wash them again!
  • Sometimes it's not such a bad thing to have a baby that you need to take out of Relief Society, especially when it is below zero degrees in the room and your wearing a summer dress! Too bad Craig had Ambree with him!
  • It's not the best idea to water a plant that has holes in the bottom of the pot, especially when that plant is next to some important paperwork!
  • It's virtually impossible to do a babies hair when they are crawling around!
  • When your car has been blinking a "maintenance required" light for 2 weeks, don't be surprised when your automatic locking system and your radio stop working in the same day!
  • When you buy something on e-bay that says "free shipping," don't always count on "free shipping!"
  • When you rent old videos from the library a few of them are most likely not going to work!
  • This is a bad thing when your toddler really wants to watch them!
  • Ambree seems to think the word, "no" is a term of endearment, and that her high pitched screeching and yelling are beautiful sounds . . .
  • They are not!!
  • When a door to door sales man offers to give you a bunch of tickets for the movies that are "buy one get one free" if you buy his product, they are most likely going to be to the dollar theatre at the Main Place Mall, not the main theatre!
  • I should have known there was a catch, there always is!
  • When a person keeps rambling about their negative experiences, they should take some time to focus on the positive things in their life . . . so here it goes . . .
  • No matter how annoyed you are at your baby for crying most of the night and keeping you up, you can't stay mad for long when they smile and act so innocent the next morning.
  • My husband is great because he took care of Ambree during Sunday School and R.S.
  • If I leave folded laundry out long enough, my husband is bound to put it away.
  • Same with the dishes!
  • It is great to have Craig home more, now that he is not president anymore, and has an awesome rotation right now with Wed. and Fri. off!
  • Cade doesn't talk quite so much when he is coloring or watching a video.
  • Mom (meaning me) doesn't usually get as sick as the rest of the family (I'm not sure if it is a built up immunity to germs or a blessing from Heavenly Father . . . probably both)!
  • My mom is very helpful when I need a sitter . . . thanks Mom!!
  • When you sub a high school math class, and they are testing every period, it is a nice time to relax and read a book, while getting paid!
  • Even though it is stressful being a mom, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

What are some things you learned this week? I would love to hear about it, either on your blog or in a comment!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I just got done with my "tagged" post. This is a good post too so I want to answer it, but it's going to have to wait a couple of days.

Alisha said...

Trenda, I absolutely love your blog. I check it regularly! I would do a blog but my life is boring and meaningless, jk! Maybe I'll do one when I have kids to brad about. But I did have my niece, Carly, this week all to myself and this is what I learned: Five years old is a great age, side ponytails are back in style, I will never be bored as a stay at home mom, I will start having to sweep my floor on a regular basis after I have kids, When you have kids around you find crums EVERYWHERE, and last but not least, I think I'll be a good mom :)

Alisha said...

**typo: I meant brag, not brad

Trenda said...

Alisha, how are you doing? It's good to hear you are reading my blog and that you enjoy it. Sometimes I wonder if anyone is reading it, and if they are, if they are bored! Anyway, all of your things you learned with your niece there are so true, and I do agree, you will be a great mom!!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Very funny comments. I'll have to add my own tidbits to a post soon!

Weston & Jennie said...

I can't tell you how many times I have gone in to find my girls the exact same way. I LOVED your comments. I needed a good laugh and I certainly got one from this. Take care.

Michelle said...

Great advice! I can relate to a few of those. Life sure can be funny!