Monday, June 25, 2007

It's a woman thing. . .


Most of the time!!!
It's funny, since Craig and I have been married, there have been multiple occasions where he has made bread or cookies for someone if they are sick, or a new neighbor, or a home theacher, etc. He is also a lot better than me at sending thank you cards, get well cards, b-day cards, etc. On many of these occasions, I have recieved a phone call, or a thank you card, thanking ME for the goodies/cards! It seems in our society, people just assume that the women in a relationship is the one who does this kind of thing, and don't get me wrong, I do occasionally, but not as much as my husband . . . and I get all the credit! LOL! So, yesterday, Craig made bread (see above) for his home teachees, and I am sure they were talking all night about what a great wife Craig has, and what a great cook she is! Ha. . . little do they know!

7 comments:

Underwood's in Cali said...

well remember, Craig was the one to show me how to use your sewing machine. Thanks a bunch. BTW have you been doing any pillows lately?

Trenda said...

Hi Trisha! It's good to hear from you. . . I know, my husband is better at sewing, cooking, and cleaning than I am, but I am not complaining! To answer your question, I did some pillows back during the christmas season for gifts, etc., but it's been a while. How about you?

Emily said...

THAT IS SOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!! I was going to call you today to say thank you for the AMAZING bread you made us!!!! That is hilarious. Well... I'm going to have to send a Thank you card to Craig now. It was SOOOO good!

Trenda said...

Emily, that is funny, I didn't realize he gave one to you guys!LOL! You can thank me if you want. . . After all, I bought the ingredients for the bread!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Mmmmmm....we miss Craig's bread. Don't worry he told us he made it. ;o)

Lindsay said...

Ah, Craig certainly is a man with many talents! ;)

Leslie said...

This is absolutely hysterical. It is so true....we women always get the credit for the domestic stuff, even when the men are the ones that do it! Joe sounds similar to Craig!