Thursday, June 21, 2007

Four years of wedded bliss!!


Happy 4 year anniversary to us!!
On June 20th, Craig and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary! We copied the Larson's idea of going to the temple and then to the beach. I think this was the first time I've been to the beach without children since our honeymoon . . . It was so nice to lay out and not get sand kicked in my face, or have a tired, crying baby climbing on me!








Our wedding party: April Poulter, Jenny Williams, Brittany Williams, Leeann Lundval, Janell Salmon, Me, Craig, Bryon Poulter, Justin Williams, Steven Williams, Adam Poulter, Andrew Poulter, and Dallin Poulter (in front)




Here are some pictures from our day of celebration . . . Our shadow picture at the beach was the only picture of the both of us that turned out! LOL! Gotta love beach pictures. . . they always portray people to look so beautiful at the beach in the TV shows. . . what about the sand stuck to the makeup and sunblock and the frizzy hair from the wind and humidity, not to mention how your hair and makeup are after a swim in the salty, sandy water. . .gotta love it!

Since we were married on June 20th, here are 20 things about our wedding. . .

  1. We were married in the Los Angeles Temple.
  2. We were married at 10:00 am.
  3. We were supposed to be at the temple at 9:00, and I didn't arrive until 9:30! Craig waited for half an hour and thought I was standing him up!
  4. Our sealer's name was William, just like Craig and his dad, so on our wedding certificate, the name William, or Williams (my maiden name) is on it 5 times!LOL!
  5. We sat in traffic for 2 hours on our way from the LA Temple to El Torito in Ontario for our luncheon.
  6. We had our reception at 6:00pm. at the Jurupa Stake Center in Riverside.
  7. We had dinner and dancing at our reception.
  8. Craig's brother, Bryon caught the garter.
  9. Craig's sister, April caught the bouquet.
  10. My bouquet was made up of 1 dozen purple flowers, 1 dozen white flowers, and one dozen gardenias with pearls in the center of each one.
  11. Craig's corsage was made up of 2 white roses and some greenery.
  12. Our wedding colors were sage green and lavender.
  13. One of my good friends from high school, Maria Mendoza did my hair at 6:00am.
  14. We honeymooned for a week in Oahu, Hawaii.
  15. In the shuttle on the way from our hotel to the airport there was a family in the shuttle too. The dad said, "I just want you to know that you are traveling with a bless-ed family." We just kind of smiled and said, "oh!" What are you supposed to say to that?LOL!
  16. After our honeymoon, we had a reception in Salt Lake City, Utah.
  17. One of the cakes at the Utah reception got dropped on the floor!
  18. Craig's brothers trashed our car.
  19. We had lots of wonderful family and friends at both receptions to celebrate with.
  20. I married my best friend!










8 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Looks like a fun day! What happened to #20 on your list of 20 things? I only see 19?

Trenda said...

I dont know! I just noticed that too! It was almost midnight when I was doing it. . . guess I was more tired than I realized.

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! Great idea! ;) Looks like you had a lot of fun. - I'm glad, you deserve it. Oh, sorry I didn't call you back, we have been out of town and just got back today (Friday). And we are leaving again tomorrow morning... Ah, the life of a traveler. :) But we would love to come have a swim another time, so give us a call again!

Michelle said...

P.S. It looks like our dresses were pretty similar - must have been the year! :)

Leslie said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great post! You can play in my back yard or come to the lake with us anytime!

Lindsay said...

Happy Anniversary, Poulters!! :) Sounds like a nice, relaxing day!

Leslie said...

Trenda! You SERIOUSLY look THAT good in a bathing suit after having two children?! WOW!

Happy anniversary to you two! I love the picture of your shadow at the beach.

Trenda said...

Thanks Leslie! you are too kind! Notice you can't see the bottom half of my body in the pic! You might not be so generous with your compliments if you could. . . ha!