Thursday, February 26, 2009

I can't believe I'm 30!

On Feb 16th I hit a big milestone in my life. I turned 30! My husband did such a good job at making my birthday special and memorable. He's the best. (I know I may be a little biased) :)

Craig was on call for work on Sunday, and got paged around 8:30pm. He said he had to go to his office for an emergency. This has happened a couple times in the past, so I didn't think anything of it. Well, around 10:00pm I heard the garage door opening and just figured Craig was home, but instead of Craig walking in the door, it was Janell (my best friend from California, who I have known since we were kids). I was so confused and shocked! Come to find out, Craig flew her out for my birthday as a surprise! Well, I definitely was surprised! :)

So, on my actual b-day, Craig told us to just go out and do whatever we wanted all day, until 6:00pm and he would take care of the kids! Uhh, ok, I'm not going to pass that up! So, we went and got pedicures, went out to lunch, went to a movie (Confessions of a Shopaholic . . . which we really liked), and we went shopping!

Here we are just before our girls day out . . .


Here we are with our baby girls . . .

While we were gone, not only did my husband take care of the kids (without ever turning on the TV) What!? He made three different types of cheese cake (my favorite dessert) from scratch and a choc. cake. He also made dinner which consisted of a big salad bar with all the fixings (my favorite food)! There was a bunch of family over to celebrate and I had a great time! What a sweet hubby I have!

The dinner spread . . .
He even typed up the salad options available . . . too cute . . .


The dessert spread . . .
My cute hubby and me . . .
Our little family. Ambree was mad because I made her take off her swimsuit for pictures. What a mean mommy!

After dinner and dessert, it was gift time. I received some jewelry, gift cards, money, books, a GPS system from my in laws (they know me well), and my hubby gave me Rascal Flatts tickets for me and my sisters, and he surprised me with a DVD he got professionally made with pictures of my life from my birth until now with sweet songs. I loved this song he had on it. I had never heard it before. So sweet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-Ff8us0Hg Now I need to plan something really good for his 30th. Any Ideas? Luckily I have a little over a year to plan (yes I am older than him) :) Anyway, all of the fun festivities made turning 30 more sweet than bitter! Thanks to all who helped in anyway!

14 comments:

Terra said...

Happy Birthday! I need to have Jeremy read this to get some ideas--what an awesome day.

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Holy cow- I can't believe your husband did that! I don't know if 1-my husband could come up with one of those ideas, 2I don't know if he could pull it off! I love him all the same, but serious bonus point if he could:) He tries, and will probably buy me a cheesecake, pick up pizza and let me have the day to myself. I am just impressed that a guy could do all of that...I will now hold all men at a higher standard:)

Rob & Tiffanie said...

BTW--Happy Birthday:)

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Sounds like an incredible birthday & an incredible husband! Happy Belated! :o)

Joanna said...

Wow- I am impressed! Janell had such a good time and loved your tidy house. Looks like you have an awesome husband.

BallerinaBiker said...

What an awesome birthday! You are one lucky gal! And, glad you've joined the 30s club! Isn't it great?!

Allison Holmes said...

Wowee bet you couldnt have asked for a better birthday then that! I cant believe how much thought your hubby put into that...simply amazing!
Glad you had a great birthday!

Melissa said...

Holy Moly! What an awesome birthday! What a thoughtful husband. I'm glad you had such a fun day. :)

Leslie said...

WOW Craig! What an awesome job! He was so thoughtful. Trenda.....that's the birthday of all of our dreams! So glad you had such an awesome celebration.

Marissa said...

Happy 30th!! It looks like you had a good one! :)

Nicole said...

What a sweet husband you have!! He really did go all out. What a great surprise. I LOVE the menu he made, so cute!! =) Happy Belated Birthday!

Lindsay said...

This is way late, but happy birthday Trenda! You were spoiled!! I'm definitely impressed that Craig did all that!

Dashley said...

Happy Birthday Trenda!

Kimberly said...

Congratulations on joining the 30-somethings! What a great hubby you have and Happy-belated birthday!