Friday, February 1, 2008

Tagged Twice!

I put the kids to bed last night around 7:30 and then I decided to lay down for a few minutes! Yeah right . . . does that ever happen? Anyway, 6 hours later I woke up and now I am wide awake at 2:00 in the morning! I went upstairs to get a snack and the front door was wide open! I looked out to see if someone had stepped out for something and all I saw were two deer! Now that I think about it, I should have taken a picture but I was too preoccupied with the the cold, wondering why the door was open, and hoping that no unwanted person/animal/etc. was in the house! I closed the door and locked it and hurried back down the stairs. An hour later I still haven't gotten a snack and I keep looking over my shoulder . . . wish me luck! :) So, to pass the time, I decided to catch up on my tags! I was tagged a few months ago by Jenna Steed. The tag was to write 6 interesting things about me. I was also just recently tagged by Melissa Mitchel to do the "husband tag". Since I have to write 3 interesting things about me at the end of the "husband tag" I figured I would just do 6 things and call it good!:)


1. How long have you been Together? It will be 5 years on June 2oth!
2. Who said "I Love you" first? He did! Funny thing is, I hadn't really thought about it in those exact words, but when he said it I knew I loved him too!
3. Who is smarter? I wish I could say me, but it would be lying!
4. Who pays the Bills? He does!
5. Who cooks Dinner? Usually me.
6. Who does the laundry? He usually starts it when he knows he is almost out of socks or g's and then I finish it during the day. . . It's his suddle hint. :)
7. Who drives when you're in the car together? Usually him.
8. Who is the most stubborn? Hmmm . . . I'd have to say him.
9. Who wears the pants in the Family? We are good about talking with eachother and making decisions together! So, it's a tie on that one!

6 random things about me:

1. I hate having things around my neck like turtle necks, scarves, choker necklaces, etc. I think they are cute and will try them every once in a while and it just bugs me! It feels too constricting!

2. I can't handle "smelly stuff". . . like lotions, candles, air fresheners, perfumes, body sprays, etc. I like the way a lot of this stuff smells initially, but after a while the smell just makes me sick! My nose starts to itch, I get head aches, and sometimes sick to my stomach! My mom and my grandma are the same way. It is so sad because this stuff is so fun and it does smell good, but it's just not worth getting sick over! I guess on the bright side of things, it helps me save money not buying all this stuff! :)

3. While I was a missionary in Portugal I got an "emergency transfer" to go to Cape Verde, Africa (part of the mission too). Apperently I was replacing a sister missionary who ended up being pregnant! So, I had to fly to Africa, ALONE, at 2:00 in the morning! It's funny because at the time I wasn't that scared, but now that I think about it, it was kind of crazy!

4. I know to a lot of you this won't surprise you, but I am a label reader! You know, labels on food items. I try to avoid buying or eating anything that has enriched flour, sugar, corn syrup, or hydrogenated oil. Whenever I cook, I use whole wheat pasta, tortillas, bread, flour, etc. I only use olive oil, grapeseed oil, or coconut oil. If I'm baking bread, cake, etc, I use applesauce instead of oil, honey or agave (natural sweatener) instead of sugar, molasses instead of brown sugar, etc.
Don't get me wrong, I do splurge every once in a while, but I try not to! I am constantly telling myself I need to be better at this and not splurge, but it's hard!

5. I used to go weeks without checking my e-mail or even using the computer really. Since I started blogging I check my e-mail a few times a day and am on the computer a lot more!

6. I thought I was going to die in the trunk of a car when I was younger (not sure the age . . . maybe 11 or 12)! Here's the story: I was in St. George, UT one summer, visiting family. My 2 cousins, my little sister, and I were all in the front yard waiting for our moms to go shopping. My cousin suggested we get in the trunk of her mom's car . . . she said they did it all the time. So, we did. We were all laying in there, laughing, etc. My cousin told me to close the trunk, I hesitated, she said, it would be ok because if we wanted to get out we could just push the back seats forward! I thought that sounded good, so I closed it. It was fun the first 5 minutes of so, then it started getting hot (It was over 100 degrees outside)! We decided to push the seats forward and get out . . . the problem was, they were locked. We figured our moms would be out soon. After another 10 minutes we were getting even hotter and having a hard time breathing. We said a lot of prayers. After another 10 minutes we were all in tears and panicking. We got to the point where we were banging on the inside of the trunk and yelling help! After about 5 minutes of that the trunk popped open and we were saved! All I remember is a person standing there asking us if we were ok. In my hysteria I don't even remember if it was a man or a woman. They said they were walking by and saw the car shaking and heard us yelling so they popped the trunk open from the front of the car. We all ran into the house crying and told our moms what happened. Come to find out, our moms were having a discussion about how much fat was in a grahm cracker while we were about to die! And you wonder why I am the way I am about food!? To this day I have always found it odd that the person who let us out of the car never talked to our parents or asked more questions to find out why we were in the trunk. I mean wouldn't you if you were in that situation? Anyway, we were saved and I know it was divine intervention. We were meant to live for some reason, and I am grateful!

OK, it is now past 3:00 am and I'm tying to decide if I want to go get that snack, try to go to bed again, work out, or do more blogging . . . for now, I think I'll do a little more blogging. Oh, and I know this tag has been going around for a while and a lot of you have already done it, but if you haven't feel free to knock yourself out! :)

3 comments:

Jenna said...

You've had quite an eventful life! My goodness...you've got me beat by far!

Me said...

You are hilarious! I am a label reader too. I cook with honey and apple sauce too! I think it makes things taste better and more moist. I used to buy smelly stuff alot but I can't even stand Dustin wearing aftershave and I cannot use scented laundry detergent it make me sneeze and I make Dustin go down the aisle for the unscented detergent cause of the headache I get from smeling all the other detergent smells.The story about the mission transfer is crazy! I remember flying to Panama(alone) when I was sixteen and looking back I can't believe I talked my parents into it. Also I was up at 4am this morning for no reason.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

OK< your interesting facts are BEYOND Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Side note - I can't handle smells either. I even have to walk through perfume sections rather quickly or else headaches are abound.