Sunday, February 24, 2008

I had a birthday!

A week and a day ago I had a birthday and turned 29! I can't believe how old I am! Anyway, I'm over it! ;) For my birthday Craig surprised me with a get away to Park City at a Bed and Breakfast, with no kids of course! I was excited to just get away. We packed our bags, went to the store and got food/snacks, got a few DVDs and headed up to park city, the day before my b-day. Once we got there, we found out that the lady double booked the room and there were no more available. She offered us two free nights another time, and so we said OK. What else could we say really. Anyway, it was disappointing, but now I we have something to look forward to. I still had a good day. I got to sleep in until 9:30 am, while Craig watched the kids, I got some presents that I'd been wanting, I got lots of phone calls from family and friends, and Craig and I went out to dinner. So . . . I guess I really can't complain! :)

When Craig had his last birthday, I did a post on this blog with a list of things about him that I loved, and some baby pictures. You can check them out
here if you didn't see them or don't remember. Everyone said he looked so much like Cade and wondered if my baby pics looked like Ambree. So, for my birthday, I decided to do the same thing with baby/kid pictures of me, but I won't do a list of things about me that I love. . . that would be kind of weird! :) I can see both Cade and Ambree in these pics, but I don't think they are exactly like them. What do you think?


13 comments:

Weston & Jennie said...

I think that I see mostly Cade. In a couple I can kind of see Ambree. I am so sorry! I forgot your birthday. I even looked a the calendar a week before and thought to myself, make sure you call her. I know it's no excuse, but with the move and everything, I never looked back at the calendar. I AM SORRY!

Weston & Jennie said...

PS, you were a very cute little girl. You still are, Youngun. :)

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday to you! I know it feels like we are getting old but look at all the stuff we've done already! haha The pics are amazing. I can see Cade, but I can also totally see Ambree. It's such a mixture. Either way, they're lucky to have such a beautiful mom to look like!!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday, Trenda!!! Bummer about the bed & breakfast screw-up! I think pic #3 is totally Ambree, but I see Cade in you too. Weird how he can look just like you AND Craig! ;)

Jenna said...

I'm with Lindsay...I'm amazed at how much he totally looks like you, but at the same time, he totally looks like you! Wow!

Jenna said...

Okay, so that post made no sense...I think you know what I meant! (:

summer c said...

Why do B&Bs over book!? That happened to us too.
Jon turned 30 in June and I told him that he is now old. I have this fear of getting old. And 30, well that just isn't getting ya any younger--DUH!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Happy Belated Birthday! What darling pictures! Out of all of them, I thought the first one looked like Cade more than any others looking like either Cade or Ambree! Ambree's hair is similar to yours, but I see Cade's features for some reason.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! The pic of you on the merry go round looks a ton like Ambree. It just looks like an 'Ambree look.'

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday, girl!! I'm right behind you...

Jessica said...

This whole time I totally thought your kids looked just like Craig. Now I see these pictures and they look just like you. Happy birthday.

Hannah said...

Hey Trenda! I just message your myspace profile so I hope I don't seem "stalkerish" but I'm so glad that I finally found SOMEONE! I've been out of contact with so many people and I was looking at scrapbooks today so I got a little nostaligic and decided to "google" and see if I could find anyone. I tried Craig but then I remembered your name (good thing it's unique!) and your blog popped up! So anyways, I'm sorry if you don't remember me...but to jog your memory (and Craig will def remember) you can visit my blog at www.photo-Grafs.blogspot.com

By the way- your kids are sooooo cute! You look like you're very happy! =) Sorry for the random comment....Thanks! -Hannah

Horner Family said...

Happy Birthday Trenda! Sorry I'm a little late.