Thursday, February 7, 2008

Annoying vs. Enjoying

Things that have been annoying me this week . . .

More of this . . . I think you get a pretty good idea of how cold it is here just by looking at these pictures!

Ambree's new obsession with the toilet and climbing on everything (Cade wasn't a big climber, so this is new to me)!

I heard Ambree playing in the toilet and when I found her, she was drinking water (that she got out of the toilet) out of Cade's potty seat pee guard! DISGUSTING!

Another time I found her dipping this toothbrush in the toilet and putting it in her mouth!
And the highlight was when she dumbed the bathroom garbage cans into the tiolets in both bathrooms. . . with so many people around here and such a big house, it's hard to make sure that the doors to the bathrooms are closed all the time! I hope she doesn't end up with some disease! Cleaning up messes like this . . . and dealing with potty training in general!
Dealing with kids like this . . .
Oh, and the most annoying thing of all . . . trying to figure out what we are going to do about our living situation!

We were looking into buying a home, since Craig is now going to do his fourth rotation here, and has a job lined up in West Jordan, UT, starting in June. Unfortunately, we can't get a loan until he is employed. So, we found a really good deal on a town home for rent. We did all the paper work, gave our deposit, etc. and then found out that we don't qualify (it was subsidised housing) for the town home because Craig will be making too much money in the future! So, they DON'T look at future income when buying a home, but they DO look at future income when renting a condo/apartment! What's that all about? Anyway, now we are thinking about rent to own, but think we might get ripped off if we do that. So, maybe some rinky dink apartment for a few months and then a home, we'll see! I guess I shouldn't complain because we do have a goal in the near future to buy a home . . . I'm just impatient I guess!

Things that I have been enjoying this week . . .

Making bows for Ambree and trying new things with her hair!
Ambree's hair seems to be getting curlier and curlier lately, which is so fun . . . check out those curls!Crazy bath hair . . . Cade calls it "pirate hair" LOL!
Watching my kids have fun while taking a bubble bath for the first time ever!

Having a little free time while Cade plays on the computer!

He loves this sight: http://www.nickjr.com/. If you click on play time at the top left you can play games, color, listen to music, watch videos, etc. His favorite thing to do is the coloring. If you go to All Art, and then coloring book you can find it. It's all free, which is great! He will play on the computer for hours. He knows how to navigate on his own pretty well now, but he'll need my help every once in a while. What a little computer addict and he's only three!
What has been annoying or what have you been enjoying this week?

12 comments:

The Walkers said...

I laughed out loud while reading these! I can totally relate to some of them, and not at all to the rest of them! But your little ones are darling, it's so fun to read what they are up to. I wish we were closer so Jackson and Cade could play!

Lindsay said...

Ok, first of all EWWWWWWWW to the toilet obsession!!!! That just gave me the heebie-jeebies! Sorry, but that's gross, Ambree dear! Guess you have to keep a closer eye on that little one!

Second, those are the hugest icicles I've EVER seen!!!!! Brrr!

How is the potty training going? Is Cade catching on yet? I'm already not looking forward to that with Gavin! I think we'll start with him when it gets a little warmer so he can run around nakey.

Aubrey said...

Well maybe I shouldn't tell you this Trenda but we thoroughly enjoyed our 70 degree weather here today!

Underwood's in Cali said...

gross toliet stuff. i just hate bathrooms in the first place. I still haven't potty trained Aj but when we get back from vacation I plan on tackleing that again. so not fun. I love Ambree's hair and bows, if i ever have a gilr you'll have to teach me. Where are you guys looking at buying(renting, whatever)?

Jenna said...

Yikes, I know the feeling...miraculously, Nathan started liking the pretend "little potty" (which doesn't get used...) so when Brinna tries to potty, he's distracted by sitting on the little one instead becoming toilet water man...no fun potty training...Brinna is finally catching on to the #1, and is no where close to #2...this time around we opted for pull-ups and treats...it seems to work...this time...and for now...ahhhh!!!!

Melissa said...

I am glad I am not the only one with kids that I sometimes want to kill. (not that you ever want to kill your kids, I mean, I just want the chaos to stop sometimes, you know?) There are always homes for sale/to rent in my neighborhood, (hint, hint, I'm trying to get you to live by me) if you ever want to come and look around, let me know!

Janelle said...

Trenda,

I was reading Alisha Oldroyd's blog (Sam is my husband's cousin) I couldn't help but notice your last name--my grandma's maiden name was Poulter. I talked to my mom, and your husband is my second cousin--what a small world!

I loved reading this entry. I have a one year old boy and a near-three year old girl, and even though I don't know you, I can totally relate!

I hope you don't mind if I occasionally lurk!

Carrie Anne said...

I totally LOVE that you post your annoying things and your not so annoying things, because they are such normal feelings/experiences! Good luck on finding place to buy/rent...I'm sorry it's such a struggle...it's like the forces are against you either way! So frustrating! Good luck on potty training! That's my least favorite parenting thing! Ugh!
Oh yeah...that dinosaur place is Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. It's pretty cool but kind of expensive. I got a pass for me which allows any guest I bring to be 1/2 price (including kids) so I just pay 1/2 price for my kids each time we go. If you ever want to go, let's hook up and take the kids!

Dashley said...

Trenda, AHHH that could make for an annoying week but on the happier side your kids are adorable and aren't you lucky to have a little girl that lets you do her hair. I have a niece that screams if you even want to do a ponytail. We miss having you here. GOod luck with the housing situation!

Horner Family said...

Wow, I just realized how grateful I am that Kaylee isn't really interested in the toilet!

Cute bows and hair! I'm jealous that she has so much hair to play with. I know Kaylee will get there...

Good luck with the house/apartment hunting...what a pain!

Me said...

Annoying....nothing Enjoying....weather,DUP meeting, VT, getting visits, chatting with friends, and Valentines.

Becky Mutter said...

Oh the toilet woes! Back in Tyler's "oral" stage, you know the one where babies put everything in their mouth?... he used to eat whatever he found in the toilet. And, since the older kids are just as TERRIBLE at flushing as they are at remembering to close the bathroom door........you can GUESS! SO nasty! He didn't outgrow the "oral" stage quickly either!
Good luck on the housing situation! I know you'll find something that works out right for your family.