Thursday, August 9, 2007

Zoo Fun!?

A little over a week ago I took my kiddos to the Santa Ana Zoo with a group of girlfriends and their kiddos. It was fun to get out and visit with friends, but I just don't think I am a huge fan of zoos, or animals in general. I mean, they are OK, but I just don't understand why people like to stand in the sun and stare at them, and pay to do it . . . for the kids, I guess (that's why I do it). Here are a few pics. from our adventure. . .

Cade's Negotiations: This is not actual conversation that we had, although, I did tell him a few times not to climb on the rails. This is pretty typical of conversations that we have very often, without the do whatever you want part at the end (even though sometims that's what I feel like saying just because I get sick of repeating myself over and over again). Cade is quite the negotiator!

Me: "Cade, please don't climb on that rail . . . you might fall."


Me: "How about climbing on this turtle instead . . . see, isn't that fun?"



Cade: "Uh, it's OK mom, but what if I just step down a little on the rail . . . that will be safer."


Me: "I still don't think that's very safe . . . let's go take a cute picture of you and Ambree in that egg over there . . . that looks like fun."


Cade: "Look mom, what if I squat down like this . . . that will be very safe."



Me: "Cade, please get down, I don't want to have to tell you again."



Cade: "Oh, come on mom, everyone else is doing it!"




Me: "I give up, just do whatever you want."

Ambree's Thoughts: Yes, I can read minds . . . OK, not really, but I'll bet this is what Ambree was thinking!

Uhhh, mom, this isn't quite my idea of having fun . . . how about letting Cade climb some rails and you can take some pictures of me with those cute goats over there!"

All right, which one of you goats wants to get a picture taken with me?

I choose . . . you!

Oh no . . . you get back here! Now that I've got your ear, there is no escaping!

OK . . . now look over there at the camera and smile. Don't forget to show your eyes . . . oh well, I guess your name and nose are better than nothing!

4 comments:

Christie said...

Hey, any friend of Bob and Diane's is a friend of mine! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Oh, the days of toddler boys climbing on top of everything...I don't miss them a bit!

Weston & Jennie said...

You have got to love the brother torturing the sister during pictures thing. Except in our case it is the big sister and she is usually pushing Macey away. I can't wait to get home. I see all of the fun that you guys are having together and it makes me feel a little left out :( Never thought I would think that! This next rotation should be fun. Well, at least for us.

Robin and Stephenie said...

you always look like your having so much fun. I don't think I have told you this before but your kids are dang cute.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

So, yeah, I'm with you. I don't get zoos either. I'm just not a huge animal person. Although, I am taking Aaron and & Abby to Sea World this weekend for their very first time. I like ocean creatures. Go figure!