Monday, August 6, 2007

Kids say the darndest things . . .

Some funny conversations I've had with Cade lately. . .

Me: Wow, I have a lot to do today.
Cade: Do you need any help?
Me: That's OK, just keep coloring and then we need to run some errands.

Short pause in conversation . . .

Me: If I did need your help, would you help me?
Cade(after a serious look, like he was in deep thought): No.

Funny how at the first of our conversation I thought he was so sweet and at the end, uh, not so much! LOL!
____________________________________________________

Cade: Mom, I hurt my leg pit.
Me: Your what?
Cade: My leg pit.
Me: What's that?
Cade (while pointing to the part of your leg behind your knee, that bends): You know, this part right here.
Me: Why do you call that a leg pit?
Cade: Because, mom, it's just like the armpit!

Well, not exactly, but I guess he has reason. . . what is that part of the body really called? I guess leg pit works! LOL!
____________________________________________________

Cade (while pointing at a dump truck on his puzzle): Look mom, this dump truck has yellow dump in it!
Me: Yep, it sure does!

I guess if a cement truck carries cement, and a garbage truck carries garbage, a dump truck must carry dump . . . right?

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Kids do say the darndest things! That is so funny! They sure do keep a smile on your face.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I can't wait until Abby can talk!

Lyndi Dunlavy said...

Cade is so so so adorable. I love talking to kids. They can be so hilarious.

Weston & Jennie said...

I love this!! Sydney is always saying things to me that I think Where did you get that from. THe other day she was playing doctor with weston and he told her that his ear hurt she said, "speaking of which, does you tummy hurt?" They can be so funny!

Lindsay said...

I love these types of conversations!! :)

BTW, I have some beach pictures from today to send you! I got some cute ones of Ambree with you out in the ocean.

Michelle said...

This is great! It's always good to write stuff like this down... My family and I STILL have great laughs with the things my bros and I used to say! (And you know, we're pretty dang old!) :)

Becky Mutter said...

I LOVE those kinds of conversations with kids! They are so fun! It will be fun to remind them of the funny things they said when they're older. All of my kids love stories about themselves. I bet yours will too. Keep on writing them down!