Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Electronic/mechanical/technological (whatever you want to call it) stuff . . .

I love all the luxuries that we have these days, such as computers, digital cameras, video cameras, etc. but they can sure be a pain when they don't work properly! This past couple months we haven't had very good luck with a lot of our electronic/ mechanical/ technological (what ever you want to call it) stuff! It seems like it is just one thing after another that is causing us time and money to get fixed! Luckily some of it has been covered under warranty, but not everything. . . Here is a list of the various things we have been having problems with:

Video Camera- Would just show a black screen, even when the cap was off!

New Digital Camera- Wouldn't turn on and we just got it new in February!

Portable DVD player- Stopped working and it's not even a year old yet!

Portable CD player- Stopped playing CD's two days ago . . . it just makes a clicking sound!

Computer- Froze and needed $100.00 worth of something to fix it!

Car- Needed some flushes and oil change, brake stuff, and the locks fixed . . . a grand total of $600.00

My watch- Craig got me a nice Fossil watch for Valentines day and I lost it at our family reunion in Idaho (has anyone seen it)? I guess that problem was my own fault!

I guess along with these luxuries of life, also comes the money, time and effort that it takes to repair them and keep them in good condition. Sometimes I think maybe it would be easier to live without all of this stuff to worry about, but then I think of not being able to just pop in a CD to listen to, or having to travel across the plains with my children in a covered wagon and no portable DVD player to keep them entertained, and no digital camera and computer to do my blogging with, and I decide that all the hoopla involved with the electronic/ mechanical/ technological (whatever you want to call it) stuff is worth it in the end!


Does this look like a family that could handle life without all this electronic/ mechanical/ technological (whatever you want to call it) stuff? We can't even take a family picture without our children fighting over an ice cream cone! Craig and I thought we are taking a cute family picture . . . little did we know what was going on between us . . . silly kids!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I rely a lot on this stuff too. What did they do without it in the olden days?!? Good thing I live in the 21st century! LOL!

Robin and Stephenie said...

ooh to add to your list is your hair dryer and your straightner. aaagh what would we all look like with out them huh! your too cute I can't wait for you to come to utah. we will come down for a weekend. it will be fun!

Emily said...

Hey, in response to myspace vs. facebook. I guess it's kind of like the same thing but not really either. It's not hook up central like myspace is. It's a lot better then that. You should get it!!!!

Underwood's in Cali said...

well at least you and craig look good. :)