Thursday, August 16, 2007

Young Love . . .

Do you remember when you started having crushes? I don't remember much from when I was as young as these two kiddos, but I do remember having crushes in the first grade! Although I had the crushes, I was very shy and never acted out on them, and I never ever told a soul! I actually never even admitted to liking a boy until I was in the seventh grade. Apparently my son does not take after me . . . . . .

Cade and Brooklyn Palmer were pretty much inseparable while we were at the pool today! Here they are having a very deep conversation, but apparently not deep enough . . .


They decided that they had to be face to face to have "eye contact" and a more meaningful conversation about their future . . . after all, their families will be going their separate ways in only 10 short weeks!

Ohhh, even closer now! It is very obvious that this separation will definitely take it's toll on the two little love birds. I know Cade is 1 year and 7 months younger than this little lady, but after all, his daddy is 1 year and 4 months younger than me, so he knows it could work! They so desperately want to hug one another but those darned floaties are in the way . . . If only they were older and could swim on their own!


After enjoying her dip in the pool, Brooklyn decides to dry off in her towel. It appears, however, that Cade doesn't enjoy the pool quite as much without her in it, and so he follows her to her chair. Obviously Brooklyn doesn't mind this a bit and proceeds to whisper sweet nothings into Cade's ear. By the look on Cade's face, he doesn't seem to mind either . . .

Oh, what is this . . . it looks like Cade's first KISS (from someone other than family)! Good girl, Brooklyn for keeping it on the cheek! We still want to keep Cade young and innocent for quite sometime now . . . at least until he is old enough to go to the bathroom in a toilet on his own, sleep in something other than a crib, not need a car seat or booster seat, and can eat without getting food all over everything, including himself! LOL!


In order to make sure Cade doesn't escape before the kiss is complete, Brooklyn does the old "hold the cheek" maneuver . . . wonder where she learned this from? Ha Ha! It worked, Cade stayed there as long as she wanted . . . wonder where he learned that from!? Ha Ha!


After Cade warmed up from being in the sun and from that wonderful kiss, I guess he needed to cool off again! He definitely looks pleased with himself . . . oh wait . . . it actually looks like he is giving Brooklyn the eye and that smile as a way of inviting her to go back into the water with him! With the way the day has gone so far, I'm sure she will oblige! Awww, young love!







7 comments:

Stacy said...

That is the cutest thing. I love how you had all the pictures for each moment. Very good little story you put together. haha

Emily said...

That is the cutest and funniest thing ever.... I love it!

Lindsay said...

OK, I'm seriously laughing out loud!!! Your narrations just make it all so much more hilarious! Silly kids! Please send me some of those pictures from today.

Robin and Stephenie said...

I have to agree with lindsay,I am laughing out loud and talking to myself saying how dang cute that is. I thought robin would quit reading harry potter to see what I was laughing at but I guess I didn't laugh loud enough. he is still reading. Cade is super cute

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

This entry is awesome! I can't believe those two little love birds! Too cute!

summer c said...

That is so sweet! Men like older women anyway! Your kids are so cute. I also read your blog about the Faith and Tim concert! That is awesome! I would love that kind of surprise. You should have your husband call mine and chat with him.
Congrats on the end of the first rotation. That is so very exciting. What are your plans after? christiansen_summer@yahoo.com --

Molly said...

i love Will Poulter do you think you could sent my his email to sno_owl39@msn.com if not sent it to boo_cool@hotmail.co.uk plzx they are so cute eg... Will Poulter