Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Hubby . . . a little late . . .

On June 3, 1980, Craig decided to surprise his mother, by coming into this world 5 weeks earlier than she expected him to arrive. Because he was so early, his lungs and heart weren't fully developed, which caused some complications. Because of these complications he had to stay in the NICU for 8 days. After his release, there were no further complications and he was a healthy baby boy! While looking through his scrapbook from his childhood I came across his pseudo birth certificate. After admiring his cute little baby picture, I read the bottom of the certificate and had to laugh at what it says. It may be too small for you to read, so, here is the interpretation: " In Witness Whereof First Foto and said Hospital certify that this Baby is uniquely wonderful and will become an outstanding individual". Well, in Craig's case, I believe that he is uniquely wonderful and an outstanding individual, but do you think there have been any babies born at that hospital that weren't . . . hmmmmm. . . I wonder. . . :)


In honor of Craig's birthday and his recent graduation from Optometry School, we had a little celebration a his parents' home. His sister made him a cute cake . . .

After cake and ice cream, my kids discovered the mud! I knew I shouldn't have left their church clothes on them . . . oh well, they sure had fun!

A few days later, on Craig's actual birthday, we played "Pin the Glasses on Daddy". Cade really enjoyed this game and wanted to play it over and over again!

All in all, I think Craig had a pretty good birthday! Happy Birthday Honey!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

I love how you scanned in the "birth certificate." How funny you are, Trenda!

Weston & Jennie said...

Happy Birthday Craig! I can't believe how much blonde is in Ambree's hair. Have you been spending alot of time in the sun? We need to get together. Give me a call. Maybe next week.

Courtney said...

What a great cake!!! I'm totally going to make Shaune one of those (his birthday is this week :)!! Thanks for the idea!