Thursday, June 19, 2008

What is there to do in Utah?

Go to Grandma and Grandpa Clegg's house in Midway and enjoy the beautiful views! You could also feed the cows while you are there!

Or partake of some of the endless supply of ice cream that is always there. This is always more fun with friends of course! (Cade, Macey, Sydney, and Ambree)

There is also a farm in Salt Lake called Wheeler Farm, which is a lot of fun to take kids to. They let the kids milk cows, feed chickens, and go on wagon rides.
Eating, of course, is always at the top of the list of things to do, especially without utensils. There is Park City, which is a big tourist attraction around here. Our friend Jeff Clark came and visited with us for a few days, so we decided to take him there, and we just had to ride the Alpine Slide! It's a little pricey, but it was fun.
Cade loved the slide, which is on a luge-like track and you control your own speed. You do need to be careful, though, because people have been known to fly off . . . my brother-in-law actually did last year. Luckily he just ended up with a few scrapes on his arms and legs . . . nothing too serious.

And then there is Ambree who was just barely too young for the slide (you have to be two), so she played in the mud puddles instead! A few minutes after this picture, she ended up doing a belly flop in this mud puddle! Yeah, that was fun . . . luckily we were about to leave and I did have a change of clothes for her.
Also, while we were at Park City, Cade picked a bears nose! LOL!

There are a few water parks close to us that have water that shoots out of the ground and out of toys, etc. Too bad my kids would rather play in the mud . . . what is it with them and mud?
Oh, and you can't forget all the great places to camp in Utah, even if it does snow while you are camping in June! This was at the Father's and Son's Camp out a couple weeks ago. Looks fun, huh!

There are lots of malls . . . we especially like the Gateway outdoor mall, which is also where the Discovery Children's Museum is! We went there a couple weeks ago, and my kids begged me for ice cream. They were sick of me shopping, so I figured it would keep them quiet for a while. It worked, but boy were they messy . . . especially Ambree. It's a good thing I'm not OCD about my kids getting messy! Last weekend we went to a Miller Motor Sports Park in Tooele with Craig's co-workers. I didn't think there was anything out there, but there was! It was a cross between real car racing and bumper cars, but we were not supposed to hit the person in front of us. We weren't on tracks, which was a little scary. I almost skidded out a few times, but overall we had a good time!

Start your engines . . . And they're off!

So, Utah may not have the beach, but I have discovered that there are some fun things to do here! I'm on a mission to find even more!

5 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

good to know about all those things...i have yet to get to the gateway! thanks for the post...see, maybe we can survive utah!:)

Brandi said...

That's great that you are finding all kinds of fun things to do. Way to go! I hope that you guys are doing good with life out of school! And yes it does just seem like yesterday that you were bringing the meal to us! It sure went by fast! Hope you have a good day! Take care!

Terra said...

You guys have been all over the place! We'll have to hit Liberty Park and Thanksgiving Point. Next week is moving week and then we'll be up for the museum. I'll call you.

Kevin and Eliza said...

It looks like you have had lots of fun recently. I loved all of the pictures. Your children are growing up so fast. I guess we haven't seen all of you since the reunion last year. Time goes so fast. I'm glad you are finding fun things to do. My dad was from Midway/Heber. It is such a beautiful place.

Michelle said...

Great pics, of course! Looks like you guys are having so much fun - good for you!!!! As much as I LOVE CA, and don't want to leave, I miss Utah a lot! I have so many fun memories from there and love to visit. There really is a lot to do there, it's all about finding it and changing what you are programmed to think of, which is beach. :)