Thursday, May 29, 2008

What happens when we take a road trip to California for a week and a half?

-We remembered how much we LOVE our portable DVD Player and Dora!
-We get to stay the night in St. George at my cousin Lyndi's beautiful home, for which we are grateful.
-Our kids enjoyed visiting with cousins Madison and Max and playing with their toys.



-We get to go to Craig's cousin, Kacey's wedding at the St. George temple.


-Craig tries to take a little nap while waiting for the bride and groom to come out of the temple. The kids just have to join him . . . too bad they didn't really fall asleep!


-After chasing the kids around at the church for almost an hour, trying to keep them out of the water cups, butter, centerpieces, utensils, etc. at nap time, we left before the luncheon was even served and went to Cafe Rio! We then came home and everyone had a nap!
-My wonderful cousin babysat our children while we went to the reception that evening! Thank you Lyndi!
-We were able to relax and enjoy adult conversation at the reception, while watching everyone else with children trying to keep them out of the three pools, the stream, and the waterfall!

(Craig and I with Craig's cousin, Denett)

-We went to Disneyland and actually had good weather!


-We chased kids around, put them in and out of the stroller, gave them snacks, changed diapers, tried to keep them in line, and were exhausted by the end of the day!
-The kids had fun with this huge ball with water on it. Ambree thought it looked like the perfect thing to lick! Yuck!


-We met up with my brother Justin and his family, and our boys had so much fun together!



-We watched the Pixar parade at California Adventure and Cade LOVED it!




-We even practiced our letters! "A" is for Ambree and "C" is for Cade!
-Cade got a picture with Buzz.


-And went on the "Buzz Ride" three times!



-We got to spend many nights at my parents house, in my sister, Jenny's room! Thanks for the sacrifice Jenn!
-Pro to that . . . we saved money not needing to get a hotel and got to visit with my family.-Negative to that . . .we had to sleep in the same room as our children.
-We got to visit with our friends from our time in California!


-I locked my keys in my car twice in one day! If that doesn't tell you anything about my state of mind that day, I don't know what will!


-We got to go on a dinner cruise for Craig's end of the year banquet without children! Thanks for watching them Mom!

(The Girls: Jennie Barney, Lindsay Palmer, Me)


(The Boys: Weston Barney, Jeff Clark, Craig Poulter, Matt Palmer . . . It was an all white or tropical theme . . . kind of looks like a baptism to me).


-We had a yummy meal and time to reflect on the last 4 years!-My husband's title changed from Student to Doctor in a matter of hours!

-Craig gave a great inspirational message at his graduation and was even asked by leaders of the California Optometric Association if they could publish it in their magazine!


-I was planning on warm weather, so that's how I packed . . . needless to say I was very cold during the ceremony, due to cold, rainy weather!


(The SCCO class of 2008)!


(Our Little Family)


(All the family that attended the graduation ceremonies . . . Bill Poulter (Craig's Dad), Carol Poulter(Craig's Mom), Craig, Cade, Ambree, Me, Joy Williams (my mom), Dennis Williams (my dad).

-We went out to eat at the Cheese Cake Factory the night before graduation and to Souplantation the day of graduation. . . yummy!


-We made it to the beach . . . it was a little cold, so we didn't go swimming, but we still had fun playing in the sand!




-We got to visit with my Grandma Andreason in St. George on the way home and stay the night at her house.


-Cade threw up partly in the car and on Grandma's drive way right before we were going to leave. . . luckily that was the only time . . . I was kind of worried.


-We now have sick kids and I feel it coming on too! Blahh. . . oh well, we had fun, but it's good to be home!

16 comments:

BallerinaBiker said...

Congrats Dr. Craig! That sounds so cool, I'm sure! Wow! I'm impressed about your speech too!

Sounds like you guys had a really fun time and busy too! I'm sure you're all exhausted!

Anyway, when you're feeling better and when I get back from St George, we'll have to do something fun!

Kevin and Eliza said...

What a fun trip. Congratulations Craig. That is so awesome that you are now a Dr. I hope you enjoy the switch from Student to Doctor. So I'm wondering why Craig got the chance to talk at his graduation. Was he voted or val. or something. That is pretty amazing. I've missed your posts so I'm glad you back. I love all of the pictures.

Somer said...

I JUST LOVE BLOGS. YOUR HOUSE IS BEAUTIFUL, AND LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A REALLY FUN TRIP! YOUR FAMILY IS SO SO CUTE! I KNOW I WOULD MISS CALI TOO IF I WERE YOU, BUT WHILE AARON AND I WERE LIVING IN UTAH, WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! BUT THEN AGAIN, WE COMPARE IT TO HOT HOT AZ.

Janell said...

Looks like you had a great trip! We'll have to get together next time.
I wanted to ask you if you'd be willing to make me a few more bows. I am in love with the colorful curly ribbon one (Julia is wearing it in a pic on my blog). Let me know if you can and how much they cost.:)

Terra said...

Hey--we saw Craig last night at the UOA dinner and so I thought I'd see what you guys were up to. happy graduation. I have that same dress (brown and green) you were wearing. Funny. I think our weather got switched. In Oregon it was in the 90's. Way too hot! We're moving to Sandy in a few weeks. We'll have to get together soon.

Dashley said...

Hello Poulters! I am sad that I missed saying hello to you when you were in California. I got to see your kids though! I helped watch them when Craig was graduating. Can I just tell you that they are SOOO adorable??? Cade and I played together adn Ambree snuggled with me. So fun for me- thanks for sharing! Congrats to Craig. :)

summer c said...

I haven't checked your blog in forever......probably b/c every time I did you didn't have internet yet and then I full on forgot (the 3 thing is still kickin my butt a little) How exciting that you are now officially graduated. Its such a wonderful feeling! Congrats! Why did your hubby speak at graduation? And is it really getting published?! Thats really cool! Congrats again!

Jos and Kath said...

wow you are having about as many adventures as we are!! Joseph goes from "student to doctor" this weekend! It's a fun time!! :) CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!! :)

Jenna said...

I'm so happy for you guys! How wonderful to finally be done! Good luck with everything!

Robin and Stephenie said...

Congrats Craig or should I say DR. Poulter! It looks like you had so much fun. I love road trips although we haven't taken many with kenidee. We are going to lagoon the 21 of this month I think we need to hang out or something. k I don't think we are going to bring Kenidee.It is robins work party.

Courtney said...

Trenda, I saw Craig this weekend! It is SO crazy to me that he is graduated! Congrats to ALL of you :) It is certainly a group effort :) P.S. How do you get so many pictures on one post? I can only get like 4 pictures at a time, small or large--so frustrating!

Krystal said...

It looks like you guys had such a fine time! I would love to go to Disneyland. We're trying to decide when Rachel would be old enough to handle it.

Alisha said...

Looks like a fun trip! Congrats Craig!!!

Nicole said...

Hi Trenda, I saw your blog on Courtneys. Looks like you guys had a great trip, oh how fun sunny Cali is!! Your family is so cute! Congtrats to your husband too, that is quite the accomplishment!

Michelle said...

You guys really know how to make the most out of a trip, WOW!!!! I'm glad I was able to see you and your kids! Hope you are all feeling better now and life is returning to "normal" - whatever that is! :) Congrats to Craig!!!

Becky Mutter said...

Congratulations! It looks like you had a great trip. I'm sorry you ended it with sickness. Hope you're all better now - enjoying life AFTER graduation! :o)