Sunday, May 4, 2008

We're Back!!!

We finally have internet now! It was kind of an ordeal to get it becuase the builders of the home didn't leave any exposed pipes for the wiring of the internet, so we had to do some digging and find a sprinkler pipe for it. This was after the internet guys came to install and they couldn't. We then had to re-schedule the installation and wait. Anyway, it is done and here we are! I know you have all missed us so much. LOL!

We found a park just up the road from our house. It is pretty nice, but nothing compared to Craig Park in California! Boo hoo! They only have one baby swing, but it fits both the kids . . . they thought this was pretty fun. . .

Side note about Ambree's matching pants and hat. About a year ago, I found this Old Navy hat at a thrift store and bought it. Then, just about a month ago, I found these matching Old Navy pants at a different thrift shore and bought them! Funny huh!
Lately the kids like being wrapped like "burritos" They will lay there for a while and then they will try to escape the tortilla! And then of course need to be wrapped up again. Funny kids!
There are quite a few of you who have been inquiring about our situation. I guess I have been kind of vague about it, so here it goes. Craig is finishing up his last rotation (internship) in Sandy, UT. He will then graduate from Optometry School at the end of May and has a job lined up in West Jordan, UT, starting in June as a tech and in July as an Optometrist. The Doctor he will be working for is a good friend of Craig's family Optometrist, who referred Craig to him. If all goes well, Craig will work full time as an employee for a while, and eventually buy half the practice and then all of the practice when the current doctor retires. Although I am struggling a little with the idea of living in such a cold climate, away from my family and the beach, I know this is a great opportunity and blessing for our family and it is where we need to be.

Instead of renting an apartment and then moving again into a home, we decided to just do a rent to own situation. So we are renting this home in now and hope to buy it within the next year. We are really enjoying being in a home, and would love to have visitors if you are ever in the area. Here are a few pics. . .

Our backyard isn't too big, and the grass needs some help, but here it is. We are planning on getting a fence at some point, but right now it is nice for our kids to be able to use the neighbors sand box and swing set (they said it was OK.) :)


Living Room (Still need to do some decorating, like curtains, wall hangings, etc.)
Kitchen . . . I love the matching appliances and neutral colors of the floor, counters, and carpet that don't show up dirt, etc. that easily.

View from the dining room to the stairs. . .
View from the kitchen/dining room area into the living room. . .

17 comments:

Janell said...

I am so glad you posted pictures of your new home! Wow, I am jealous, it looks so roomy and NEW! It's beautiful Trenda, have fun decorating :)

Weston & Jennie said...

I can't wait to see it in person! Is that a new couch? I can't remember what yours looks like. Congratulations on both the job and the house. We are excited for you.

Robin and Stephenie said...

I am glad your back! we did miss you! your house is so cute I bet you love it. living with people is so hard! I am glad you are so close then maybe we can get to see eachother once in awhile

Robin and Stephenie said...

I am glad your back! we did miss you! your house is so cute I bet you love it. living with people is so hard! I am glad you are so close then maybe we can get to see eachother once in awhile

Kevin and Eliza said...

Welcome back! I am so excited for your family. The house looks really nice. How wonderful to have a backyard of your own too. Thanks for letting me know about private blogs. Have a great day!

Michelle said...

Nice house!!! I'm so happy for you with all the good stuff that's happening!

Lyndi Dunlavy said...

Your house looks great!!! I am so happy for you.

BallerinaBiker said...

Hello, hello! I'm so glad you moved into my neighborhood! I'm back from CA, so let's get together and do something this week. Hopefully the weather will hold and we can go to the big park or something!

Carrie Anne said...

Welcome back to blogging world!:) Congratulations on house and job...what a relief for you guys! We'll look forward to more posts now!:)

Courtney said...

Welcome back, Trenda!! Your house looks beautiful!

Kunz fam said...

How fun!! I am so excited for you guys. It will be nice having you closer. I love your home. It is beautiful.

Melissa said...

I love your house! It looks great. I bet it feels good to be in your own place again. Don't worry, one day you will come to love Utah. Or at least be able to tolerate it. Look on the bright side, at least it is getting warmer. When do you want to get together?

Jenna said...

I love your new house! How wonderful to have everything lined up so well for you! Sorry I missed you in Utah...the funeral and plans changed quite a bit...we'll have to catch up next time.

Jessica said...

Very nice. I can't wait to have our own place. SO exciting.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

What a beautiful home! At least when you're stuck inside with the cold weather, you'll be stuck in a beautiful home versus a cramped apartment, y'know?

Terra said...

I love your house. I'm glad you're back--you've been busy. Have fun at graduation!

Horner Family said...

I like your home! Congrats to Craig for graduating! It was so fun to see you guys a couple weeks ago!