Friday, November 23, 2007

Gingerbread Houses!!

My in laws have a tradition of making Christmas gingerbread houses the day after Thanksgiving, so Cade and I (and Craig for a little while) decided to join in on the fun! Here are all the people that participated and the houses that were created. . . they all turned out very cute and creative! We had a lot of fun!

Cade and I posing in front of our houses!

Front view of my house

Back view of my house

Side view of my house

We decided to do Cade's house with gram crackers instead of the real gingerbread. He thought it was so fun to have his very own. Craig helped him for a little while and then I took over. I would put the frosting on and tell him to stick what ever kind of candy he wanted. He kept requesting all sorts of things, and I tried my best with what I had. He seemed pleased with whatever I came up with!
Front view of Cad's house

Back view of Cade's house

He just had to have a Christmas tree (Craig helped with this).

Oh, and a snowman (this was Craig's creation as well . . . isn't it cute)!

Then of course there's the sleigh with Santa and the reindeer!

And last but not least the pond with Buzz and Woodie from the "Toy Story" movie ice skating. Can you see the resemblance? Cade could and I guess that's all that really matters right?!
I think we'll definitely have to keep this tradition alive even when we aren't with my in laws. It really was a lot of fun! Hey, maybe a healthier option would be to use veggies and other healthy snacks instead of candy! What do you think? It might get rotten too quickly, but at least my kids would be snacking on healthy stuff all day instead of candy. Oh well, I guess every once in a while is OK! :) It's the holidays right!

8 comments:

Robin and Stephenie said...

How fun! you are always so crafty!

Poppa said...

We do this in December...so fun! (But yours looks much cuter!)

Jenna said...

Sorry...that was me, Jenna!

The Murdocks said...

Those are the best looking/creative houses I have seen. Good job! Looks like fun.

Lindsay said...

They turned out way cute! We did gingerbread houses too, after our Thanksgiving meal! It was B&B's first time. I think we'll attempt them again as a family one night for FHE in December.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Those houses look like they can face earthquake, tornado, fire and hurricane! Well done!

Courtney said...

Wow! Those houses are amazing!!

Carrie Anne said...

Trenda those are SO CUTE! WOW! You guys did go all out! Holy cow! What a fun tradition for sure...especially if they turn out so well! Way better than ours!:)