Friday, April 24, 2009

Frustrating Mommy Moments . . .

Often throughout my day things will happen and I will think, I should write about that on my blog, but I usually don't. So, Today I am following through! :) Here are a few frustrating mommy moments I have had recently . . .

1) The other day I went to Rite aid. Right when I got there I took both of my kids to the restroom so I wouldn't have to deal with it while I was shopping (I never went into restrooms in stores before I had kids, now I do almost every time I am at the store with my kids and sometimes more than once)! They both went potty and we started shopping. After getting everything we needed, we headed the checkout stand. I was using coupons and the person was taking forever ringing me up and trying to get the coupons to work. In the process of all this, Cade starts saying, "I have to go poo, I have to go poo" over and over, and then Ambree proceeds to say that she does as well. So, both of my kids are yelling that they have to go poo and the lady is in the process of telling me she needs to get the manager to help her. I am feeling desperate so I say, "well, I have to take my kids to the bathroom before they stink up your store by going in their pants . . . I will be right back". SO, I leave right in the middle of getting checked out to take my kids to the bathroom again! Anyway, very embarrassing, but not quite as embarrassing and annoying as it would have been if they both pooped in their pants!

2) About a month ago the kids and I were all very sick. After a week of sleepless nights because of coughing so much and getting up to sick kids, etc. I finally went to the doctor and took the kids with me because Craig was working. Even though they were sick, they were running all over the place, getting into everything. Finally when I went to see the doctor, he said that he would check their ears and throats too, which was very nice of him. Well, Ambree refused! She was arching her back and screaming and then started flopping around on the floor saying no, no, no! Next we went to Walgreens to get my prescription filled, which cost way more than I expected and after waiting for it and trying to entertain the kids while I was feeling awful myself, we went out to leave and I realized I locked my keys in the car! By this point I am so drained from the previous week and all that had happened I was in tears. I called Craig and luckily he was on his lunch break and was able to come help me out, but I was so done!

3) Today I put a video on for the kids, so I could take a shower in peace without them pounding on the door. Apparently Ambree wasn't that into the video because five minutes after I had gotten in the shower she came in the bathroom (I usually lock the door for this very reason, but forgot today). She had the camera in her hands and was trying to take pictures of me through the glass door! I told her to go put the camera back and to go watch her video. She left for a minute and then came back in saying she had to go potty. I told her to go by herself (which she knows how to do), but she insisted that I help her! Just what I want to do is get out of my nice warm shower while I am naked and dripping wet to help her go potty when she knows how to go by herself. Anyway, she proceeds to wet her pants and then she is standing outside of the shower crying about it! Ugh. Soon after this I am done with my shower and as I am getting out I realize she has my lip pencil in one hand and a wad of toilet paper in the other and there is lip stick smeared all over the wall. "Ambree, what are you doing"? I asked and she said, "I am just trying to clean it up before you get mad at me". Can't a girl just have a shower in peace!?

I am sure I could go on and on, but this is good for now. Hopefully if my children are raising their own kids and are feeling frustrated, they can read this and realize they did it to me too, and I know I did it to my mom! What are some frustrating mommy moments you have had lately?

16 comments:

Diane Owen said...

Maybe its evil of me, but I love to hear other mom's horror stories because it makes me feel that I am not alone!!

btw, my friend is a serious couponer and has a blog specifically devoted to that. I'm sure you know all the stuff, but you want tips or just to talk to a fellow couponer, her blog is thebargainbug.blogspot.com

Terra said...

So we went all the way to park city and in the 2nd store the boys ran off and I'm chasing them through the store while they're climbing in and out of clothes racks giggling. So embarrassing!

Jenna said...

All I can say is...I SO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!! (: My "favorite" moments usually involve one of the kids running through a store at top speed, tearing down everything they see...with me chasing behind with a double stroller, yelling at the top of my lungs for all to hear, "STOP"..."You're in trouble"..."Come back here!"...ultimately just to find myself making a scene when I finally catch up and realize everyone is watching...ME...and not the unruly kid at all!!! Hmmm...

Allison Holmes said...

Yikes! I am potty training Melia right now so you can imagine I'm going thru all the drama of that... so we were at the park the other day and I put her in underware bc she was doing pretty good the last couple of days (I just bring her portable potty and stash it in the trunk just in case). So anyways I caught her squatting waaay at the top of the slide and had to book it up to the top, grabbed her, slid down the slide and RAN to the car as fast as I could while holding her and telling her to hold it. I didnt have time to set up her potty seat in the privacy of the car so I just threw open the trunk, pulled her potty out and made her go poo sitting right there in the middle of the street (which was only a half success bc half of it was in her pants already!!)

Geez - I can only imagine what people were thinking as they drove by!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I SO appreciate you posting your Mommy Moments. I'm always thinking that I'm the only one. Temper tantrums in the store top the list for my irritations out of the home. Come to think of it, they top my list for irritations inside the home too. Sigh...why was I not warned that Motherhood was so hard? My Mom always made it sound easy.

Prepare Today For Tomorrow said...

I agree with Diane that I enjoy others horror stories as well because it makes me feel a little better about my day:) I have a 3 year old and I guess I could jsut leave it there...Since 2 1/2 it has been tantrums, potty accidents and scenes. I can't think of some great ones at the moment but probably becasue there are too many and I blocked them out:)

Michelle said...

I am laughing so hard right now! Makes me real excited to start potty training! NOT! :) Can't think of a mommy moment right now, but I got 'em too. Thanks for a great post.

Janell said...

Darin's looking at me like I am crazy because I am cracking up! The shower story is hilarious. Did she get any pics of you with the camera too? You will be so glad you wrote these stories down.

Weston & Jennie said...

I second everything that Sara said. Especially why didn't someone warn me that it was going to be this hard. Macey had a tantrum in Target the other day like I have never seen before. So embarrassing!!

BallerinaBiker said...

I know exactly how you feel sometimes! Sometimes being a mom is so, so hard!

While at the Gateway the other day, Matthew decided he didn't want to walk anymore. He wanted me to pick up him but I said he can make it to the car - we weren't very far. Then he threw himself down in the middle of the walkway, laid down on the ground, crying and wouldn't get up. I tried the walk away trick, but it didn't work. I eventually had to go back and persuade him to get up.

And, lately, with Elise. I've been using the Hannah Montana movie as my bargaining chip to get her to do whatever I want her to do. Too bad we're going to the movie today - I won't have anything else to bargain with!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Thanks for sharing. Being a mom isn't always easy, is it. It seems no matter how easy my day is or how uneventful, I'm always so ready for my hubby to be home and help me out.

Melissa said...

Grr, I feel your pain. Wasn't it just yesterday we didn't have kids? What happened? Sisi locked me out of the house five times last week, and I still will never forget her flinging open the car door as we are driving down the road, full speed. Good times.

Krystal said...

Thanks for posting this. It's nice to have a chuckle at other's "frustrating mommy moments" because it's not always easy to laugh at my own. For the record, I know you're a great mom.

Aileen Bluhm said...

Whew! I'm definitely feeling your pain! Motherhood is so hard! It's so nice to know that other moms have moments like these--mine usually happen when I'm in the shower too (like my kids dumping a box of pancake mix on the carpet)! I seriously can't keep up with them! Thanks for keeping it real!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

PS - Yes, I made the cake. Thanks for the kudos!

Marissa said...

I think my worst mommy moment to this day has been going grocery shopping with the kids. I told Maleelah that she couldn't have something, can't even remember, so then that really upset her and she was yelling, "I HAVE MONEY!" repeatedly and at this time Aedan is screaming because he is hungry and then both kids are crying and I am trying to shop, and soon just gave up! SO CRAZY! I thought how can kids act so crazy when they can't get their way and WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN!!!!?!?!?!?!?