Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What Trenda Won't Post on Her Blog

As a followup to my personal "Biggest Loser" accomplishment from earlier this year . . .


(actual results may not be accurately depicted in the previous photographs)


I decided to train for the MS 150 Bike Ride, which raises money and awareness for Multiple Sclerosis (held on June 27-28 this year - feel free to make a tax-deductible donation through the following link) . . .

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/UTUBikeEvents?px=6320803&pg=personal&fr_id=9532&et=k2Hl-Wnk0QhwftmpibBNbQ..&s_tafId=89812



Trenda let me spend a bunch of money on some Specialized Allez Elite Bicycles . . .




And even let me get a pair of those spandex bike shorts . . .



So I took the kids out for a couple rides myself . . .



And on the second ride we took as an entire family . . . Trenda ended up in the doctor's office




With a fracture in the head of the radius bone in her right forearm


http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00073


Since I was ahead of her when the accident happened, I'm assuming it was because she was distracted by my shorts:)

20 comments:

Janell said...

First of all... Trenda! I'm so sorry you got hurt! What happened???
Secondly... Craig...I want to see some real pics... and how much weight have you really lost? You've got to have that beach bod, it's been 90 days! :)

Cheryl & Kyle said...

what is your address?

email me at sisterlauritzen@hotmail.com

Leslie said...

Tren, I am so sorry about your arm. I had been wondering where your blogging skills had gone. Second, I did not know that Craig was that hilariously funny!

Sarah said...

Trenda! Sorry about your fall and broken arm! Hopefully the kids are being patient with their one armed mom. Get better soon!

Underwood's in Cali said...

You are too funny! I think you should say results not typical so you aren't sued by any of your followers. Sorry @ your arm :(

Kevin and Eliza said...

Trenda I hope you're doing well with your hurt arm. The post was great. I don't know that I would recognize Craig anymore. J/K :)

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Sorry about your arm! I could barely recognize Craig---I didn't realize all of that was under the church and tie we see at church! Rob has been working on getting buff, so he will be jealous:)

Weston said...

Sorry about the arm!! When did this happen? Give me a call. Funny, funny Craig. I got a good laugh out of this. :)

Weston said...

The last comment was Jennie, sorry!

Lisa Bird said...

Trenda, I'm so sorry about your arm apparantly Craig is looking really good in bike shorts, Huh?

Jena said...

Trenda! That is crazy news, I hope you are okay!
Your husband is hilarious!

Trenda said...

Yes honey, I did crash because you looked so good in your shorts and I was distracted! It was all YOUR fault, I had no control! Just remember that when all the doctor bills come. ;)

BallerinaBiker said...

Yipes! Sorry you got hurt, Trenda! Hope you get better soon! And I loved all the pics! Hilarious!

Lindsay said...

Ouch!! It's not easy being a mom with only one functioning arm! Craig, you are a crack up! :)

Courtney said...

Oh my...that is SERIOUSLY hilarious (not Trenda's awful crash, but all the editorials :)!
Trenda, are you alive? Crazy painful and totally inconvenient, I'm sure! That was one expensive pair of biking shorts, huh? :)

Michelle said...

Bummer about your arm! Where can we get some of those shorts?! Ha, ha! Good luck to both of you!

Jos and Kath said...

Trenda... I am SO SO SORRY that you have your right arm in a sling. IT'S THE WORST!!! Worse than mosquitos in Cabo Verde!!! WORSE THAN DOGS IN PORTUGAL. I don't think I've hated anything worse in my whole life... (well, until I got pregnant but that's another story for another day...)

Marissa said...

Aww, Trenda! I hope you feel better. How did that happen?

Me said...

So funny. So sorry.

Our Family said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm not laughing at the accident I promise! I'm still chuckling about Craig's last comment! You poor thing! How's it feeling? It's been so sunny lately I haven't blogged for eons and I missed this!