Friday, May 22, 2009

I think we have a little artist on our hands . . .

From a pretty young age, Cade has enjoyed coloring. Now he has taken up drawing. He asks for plain white taper and his box of markers and will draw whatever is in his little mind at the time. He will draw multiple times a day for like an hour at a time. Often he will be in the middle of watching a show on tv and will ask me to pause it so he can draw a picture. It is usually something pertaining to the show he was watching. He really surprises us with some of the things he comes of with. Here are a few of his recent drawings . . .

Mr. Clown

If you give a mouse a cookie

Slinky from Toy Story (of course)

Woody
Buzz Lightyear (notice the light shining off of him)
Zurg with Buzz in the back ground. And of course the smoke and fire . . .
Peter Pan (looks like he was in a crayon mood when he did this) Pirate
Lots of characters from Aladdin (his new love)!

Maybe this kid will make us some money someday with his artwork! :) Know of any good art schools that don't cost a fortune? :)

13 comments:

Jos and Kath said...

wow Trenda those pictures are REALLY REALLY good!! I'm serious.

BallerinaBiker said...

He's got talent! My SIL sends her kids to some art school in Riverton. I'll find out for you.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Those are all really good! Well done!

Jenna said...

I'm super impressed!!!!!! That's great!

Melissa said...

So awesome! Savannah loves to draw, too. She will just draw for hours and hours. Sometimes it's nice to have something that will occupy them :) He is very talented!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Those pictures are adorable! I always wonder what to do with all of them. They have to stay on the fridge for a week and then I save some of my favorites---but both kids love to draw, so it is building up. I love the details- usually I only see the details I see lately are of princesses. I think he is coloring a couple years advanced for sure---

Janell said...

I am so impressed! That little boy has talent in those fingertips!

Nicole said...

These are amazing. Sign that boy up for art class. He is very talented!

Bethany said...

These are SO adorable!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have him draw me something and mail it to me. I'll totally hang it up at my new place. :) Thanks for posting these, I love them!

Terra said...

Wow! He is really artistic! Paul can barely draw a stick figure--he hates drawing. I'm so impressed.

Lindsay said...

Holy smokes!!! That's pretty good for a 4 year old!!!

Brooklyn has gone through a few small forests of trees herself with all the "projects" and drawing she does.

Our Family said...

Um, okay, no really, his skills are WAY beyond his age. Those are really impressive pictures! Encourage it! It's great that he's good at it AND he loves it!

Aileen Bluhm said...

Whoa! Those drawings are amazing! After teaching kindergarten for ten years I can honestly say I've never seen artwork that good from a 4-5 year-old. He is really talented! How fun! I hope you save those or frame them or turn them into something you can look at for years to come! :-)