Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tis the season for . . .

Lots of time with family and new Christmas clothes!

for cute hair styles and Christmas bows!

Tis the season for lots of yummy food!

It may be fattening, but it puts you in the holiday mood!

Choc. mice: Dip maraschino cherries with stems for tails in dipping chocolate, attach Hershey kiss for face and peanut halves for ears. When it is all dry, use frosting gel (in little tube) for the eyes and nose! Too cute to eat! :)
A healthy Christmas appetizer: Cut whole wheat pita bread like a pizza, to make triangle shapes. Add pretzel to bottom for the stem, guacamole and diced red pepper for the tree and ornaments. Yummy!
I really like eggnog, but it is so fattening and a little too thick. A came across this this season, and I love it! They make a version that is just eggnog, without pumpkin, which is really good too!

Tis the season for the weather to be cold!

and for stories to be told . . .

about all the ornaments hanging on the tree!

Tis the season for sitting on Santa's knee!Tis the season for Christmas decorations all around!

And for family traditions to be found!

But most importantly, tis the season for remembering Jesus.

His birth . . .

His life . . . and all that he teaches!

Merry CHRIST-mas!!

10 comments:

Robin and Stephenie said...

thtat is so cute we really need to start some fun traditions... maybe next year when we have our own little house

Krystal said...

Love the chocolate mice and guacamole trees! You are a fun mom!

Allison Holmes said...

Cute post!! I love all of your ideas and your holiday decor is lovely!!

Leslie said...

Awesome post Trenda! Love the house decor, the cute kids and family pics....and those cute mice and trees! Thank you for the reminder of what Christmas is all about.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all the fun ideas!! Chocolate mice?? How cute is that?!?! And I love the idea of guacamole trees too. Yumm. I'm inviting me over for Christmas next year kay? I'll just knock on your door and say "hi I'm here for the goodies."

Janell said...

Wow! I love that post. Can I just copy and paste it into mine and switch out the pics??? Just kidding! Your family looks so great, I am so happy for you!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

I wanted to ask you about those mice. I took a picture with my camera so I could remember for next year:) Now I have the secret recipe:) I need to think of soemthing green my kids would eat besides gaucomole. They like avocados but not guacomole. Next year I will have some fresh ideas! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Such a great post! I especially love the one of your kids eating snow...I remember eating snow as a kid! So fun! And thos mice...so cute!

Nicole said...

Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun. Your kids looked sooo adorable on Sunday, they are always dressed so cute. I forgot to tell you how much I loved the choc mice. My girls got a kick out of them, so fun!

Merry Christmas you guys!

Michelle said...

You always do such cute stuff with your kids! I need some lessons! :) And they take good pics too! Dylan won't look at me on PURPOSE when I bring the camera out! Your kids are adorable!
P.S. Cute background too, think I've seen it somewhere!