Sunday, October 5, 2008

Reason 101 that we don't have a dog and don't plan on ever getting one . . .

I love crocs for my kids in the summer time. They are so easy for them to put on themselves, they don't need socks with them, they can get dirty and we and you just clean them off . . . they are great! Well, Craig had just bought Cade a new pair because he pair from last year were giving him blisters because they were too small. After having them for a week or two they disappeared! I thought maybe he left them at grandma's house or something, but no. So, one day while I was outside and so was the neighbor boy I asked him if he had ever seen them in his sand box that Cade plays in quite often. The neighbor boy's eyes got big and he walked over to the side of the house, and brought me the shoes you see below. "Are these the shoes?" He asked. "I think my dog ate them." Uhhhh, ya think!? So, that was the end of Cade's crocs for this summer! Hopefully he learned his lesson about leaving stuff outside and will understand even more my many reasons for not wanting a dog!

Side note: they had jibbits and straps on the back that are completely gone now! I told Cade that technically they are still wearable, but he wouldn't put them on! Oh well, it's a good thing the weather is turning to tennis shoe weather anyway!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Amen to this post girl!! I hear ya loud & clear and feel the exact same way!!!!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I always forget where everyone landed after school and I just read your sidebar about Craig working in West Jordan. I was just there visiting my uncle on Friday. It would've been good to see you. :o)

Alisha said...

Not all dogs chew shoes ya know!! :)

Erin said...

I agree...I never want a dog!

Lindsay said...

Yikes! I hope those were generic Crocs and not the $30/pair real deal! Blake is the only one in our family that owns a pair of Crocs and he loves them!

I'm getting to the point that I don't even know if I want a dog either!

Leslie said...

I just don't want to pick up the poop. I am pretty tired of poop. I think it is time for Seth to be potty trained but he is resisting. Your kids are so big and so darn cute. Ambree's hair is so light and cute. Thanks for checking in on our blog. It's always good to hear from you!

Weston & Jennie said...

I don't think that we will ever have a dog either. My brother has a puppy that he sometimes brings over and the other day Sydney asked me why we couldn't have a pet. For now, I have the excuse that we live at Grandma's and she doesn't like pets. I am going to have to come up with something better when we get our own house.

Krystal said...

We've always said we will never get a dog either, but Austin just started talking about those really cute, expensive little terriers..."a friend" who could watch the game with him. I'll have to pass this on to him.

Courtney said...

No dogs at our house either :) They are just TOO stinky, and besides, don't I have enough to take care of with 2 kids?? :)

Weston & Jennie said...

Hey, when are you back from Cali? Give me a call, the kids are asking for you! :)