Sunday, January 27, 2008

We are supposed to have a storm tomorrow . . .


Just like the one we had last week . . .
This is Craig snow blowing the drive way after he had already done it a few hours ago. Since we live on the East Bench (right where the mountain starts) we get a lot more snow than they do in the valley. We got about 15 inches! Lucky us!
I just love it when my car looks like this! This isn't my car, but it could very well be!

And the week before that . . .


And the week before that . . .
Which caused trees to fall over (see below) and caused us to have no power for a day!


Waaaaaaaaaaaa . . . I miss California and the beach and warm weather . . .waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (I just need to whine to someone else besides my husband for a little while . . . I really am trying to be more positive, it's just so hard)!

Cons and pros (see, trying to be positive) about living where it snows . . .
cons:
looking for a school very early in the morning where I will be subbing and have never been before. The only problem is, I can't tell which street I'm on because the street signs are covered with snow!

Walking out to my car, while holding Ambree, slipping on ice and falling right on my butt!

Driving very carefully in the snow while listening to the radio about 100 cars that have slid off the road in the last hour due to bad weather conditions . . . that's encouraging!

Spending 3 hours on Saturday morning watching my husband shovel the drive way over and over again while I take care of the kids inside . . . poor guy!

Having a very limited choice of things to do to entertain the kids . . . due to the cold weather.

Having cold feet all the time! I really need a pair of warm boots!

Having to scrape ice off the windshield of the car while freezing and running late! Can't wait to have a garage someday!

Pros:

It's pretty to look at!

It's fun to play in for a little while!

It will be fun to snowboard in . . . when we have more money!

I have a good excuse not to go anywhere!

When I get down about not living in California anymore, I just remind myself about all of the things that I don't miss and then I don't feel quite so bad, I tell myself that anyway . . . positive thoughts . . . positive thoughts!

Things I don't miss:

Excessive Traffic!



Earthquakes . . . I know they could happen here too, but it isn't quite as common!



Smog!


Homes that cost twice as much in Calif. as they would in Utah!



Thanks for listening to me whine!!

8 comments:

Weston & Jennie said...

I am right there with you about missing the nice mild "winter" in California. I grew up here and this winter has been rough. We talked about this the other night. You can always call and whine to me. I will probably have something to whine about right back.:) Your pictures sure make it look pretty.

Jenna said...

I'm not big into snow either...I'm just trying to enjoy the good weather (rainy, but good) while we're here...I'm not sure how I'll react to the sticky, hot humid Houston weather! We'll see....

Lindsay said...

Yikes!!!! That's a lot of snow!! We're enjoying a bit of wet weather right now, too - RAIN! I can't imagine how hard it would be to not be able to get out of the house with the kids for a couple months! I'll be sending warm thoughts up your way!

Robin and Stephenie said...

I am ready for the snow to be gone to... but then I remind myself we need it and we have been prayihg for it for years. I guess I should be greatful.

Melissa said...

Oooh...I am right there with you. Every time they say another storm is coming on the news I want to throw something at the TV. And it is definitely worse on the benches. I hate it! I am juggling Savannah, Sienna, and trying not to fall down and hurt the little one on the way! I am just trying to hold out until the summer, or until Ivan finishes school and we can move somewhere warm :)

Carrie Anne said...

Oh boy can I sympathize with you on all of those reasons!!!! I can't believe how much snow we've had this year! So crazy! I miss the warmth, too! It's so much easier to entertain the kids when it's not freezing outside!:)

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Thank you for reminding me of how much I enjoy the weather here, despite the traffic, the fact that I will likely never own a home, and that I am breathing in smog constantly. :o)

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

PS - Those pictures are INSANE! I could never live like that! I just saw snow fall for the first time 3 years ago.