Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Playing Dress Up . . .

My kids love to play dress up! I really don't know why I even bother having them put on normal clothes in the morning because by the time we are ready to go somewhere they are usually in a costume. Of course they don't want to take off their costume, so usually I just say whatever and take them as they are (If we are just running errands or something that doesn't really matter). It's funny because I usually don't really think about the fact that they are dressed up, because I am so used to it, and then I wonder why everyone is staring at us. Oh yeah, it's because my kids look like they are ready for Halloween and it's the middle of the summer! Should I be worried that my children always want to be someone different than themselves? Well, not always, bot very often! Hmmmmm. Here are a few Dress up Highlights from the week.

Ambree is usually a princess or something girly, so it was pretty funny to see her dressed like this. I am sure it was Cade's idea!
Here is a funny mix up that Ambree came up with all by herself!
Of course when Cade saw her and saw that I thought it was so cute and wanted to take a picture, he had to do a funny mix up too!
The other day, to kill some time before we had to leave for swim lessons, I put Toy Story on, and a little while later I saw them like this . . . wearing their Woody and Jessie hats/clothes with their swim suits . . . Silly kids!

I hope they grow out of this phase someday. I could just imagine the problems they would have in highschool if they went to school dressed up everyday! :)

6 comments:

Jenna said...

That's so cute. I love it! It sure says a lot that they can play something so well together. You're such a good little Mommy! (When does Cade go to kindergarten?)

BallerinaBiker said...

They are adorable in their costumes!

Kevin and Eliza said...

So cute! I want your skills on making costumes, because I'm pretty sure you made them.

Krystal said...

I love Ambree as Captain Hook! It's fun to see them in Woody and Jessie hats, too.

Kerstin said...

How cute! I love the Captain Hook and Peter Pan picture! I can only imagine them at the store dressed like that. Made me laugh out loud!

Jena said...

Love the pictures, they are so stinkin cute!