Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Goodbye Summer . . .

I know, I know I have not blogged forever! I think it has been a month or so. We have just been having too much fun out in the warm sun this summer! I have been hearing so many people say how happy they are that the weather is cooling off and fall is around the corner. I don't feel that way at all. I would be perfectly fine with summer year round! :) I guess it's because I was raised in California, and really I never heard anyone say they love fall when I was growing up. . . funny how your upbringing really does influence your life! Here are some of the things we have been up to this summer . . .

Going to the Tracy Aviary.

Cade making a peacock out of his hands.


Playing at the "Beach" (It's a man made lake/beach that is about 5 min. from our house and it's free)!

Swimming Lessons at the South Jordan Rec. Center.

Lots of swimming at Uncle Mike's neighborhood pool (see pic. below), The Veteran's Pool in Provo (where my sis is a lifeguard and got us in free), my friend's neighborhood pool in Eagle Mountain, and various rec. centers around Utah.
Celebrating my nephew, Jacob's b-day at the Murray Rec. center.
Gong to the Hogle Zoo.

Ambree kissing a snake . . . Ewe!

Cade and Ambree showing some love to each other . . . this is a rare occasion. :)
Riding bikes and playing outside.
Look at that form!

Blowing Bubbles and playing dress up!
Family Reunion in Idaho where we camped, went boating, went in the canoes, went swimming, and just had a lot of fun with my dad's side of the family!

Little girl cousins sun bathing in the canoe!
Picked apples at Grandma and Grandpa Clegg's house.
Spending time with cousins.
Samantha (cousin) and Ambree playing on the slip and slide at Samantha's birthday party.

Cade getting sprayed in the face at Samantha's birthday party!
I hope everyone else had a great summer too!

7 comments:

Jena said...

Good Post, cute kids, cute pics!

Nicole said...

You guys did have a fun summer! I LOVE all the fun things you did, the kids look like they had a blast. I love the picture of Cade getting sprayed in the face with water, great picture!

Tamsyn said...

I love all the pictures....you guys were really busy! I don't want Summer to end either..maybe it is a California thing. ha ha. miss you guys

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

If our summer was as jam-packed with goodness, I wouldn't want it to end either! ;o)

Stacey said...

How fun! Thanks for all the pics! It looks like you had so much fun!

Robin and Stephenie said...

so much fun I love summer I also am sad about the cold weather.

BallerinaBiker said...

Yes, let's get together!