Saturday, January 31, 2009

I love you Aunt Kathy!!























I haven't been the best blogger lately, but I have a good excuse. One of my best friends, my Aunt Kathy, was diagnosed with cervical, uterus, lymph node, brain cancer and isn't doing very well. All of a sudden things that seemed worth blogging about haven't seemed too important and I have been preoccupied thinking about her and helping her when I can, since she is living in Orem, Utah.

Due to a tragic brain aneurysm her first husband of 4 months passed a way when she was only 2 months pregnant. She lived in California, a little less than an hour away from us when we were growing up and she was raising her son. She loved us like her own children and my mom babysat her son, Tyler quite a bit. Needless to say, my siblings and I have a very close relationship with our Aunt Kathy. She is such a fun and outgoing person. She is very friendly and makes everyone feel welcome. She is very positive, and a great leader. And she is a spiritual giant. I love her so much and can't bear to see her going through such a hard time.

Ever since she started her Chemo treatments a few weeks ago, things have just been going down hill, and she has been in so much pain. After various trips to the hospital, etc., etc., she and her family (she remarried 6 years ago) have decided to stop chemo treatment and to go home with hospice care, and try to be as comfortable as possible. The doctors say she has a few days to about a month to live, so it's been difficult for all involved, but I can't help to think that miracles happen. If the Lord wants her to get well and live, she will, if not, he has another plan for her, and she will be dearly missed. It is a comfort to know about the Plan of Salvation and Eternal Families, especially during times like these. So, please offer a prayer, or many, for my sweet aunt and all that are involved in this difficult situation.

11 comments:

Alisha said...

Trenda-- there is nothing I can say, I know. I can't even imagine. I am so so sorry. Your Aunt & the rest of your family will be in our prayers.

Melissa said...

Oh Trenda, I am so so so sorry. What a hard experience to go through. I can't imagine you and your family's pain. We will keep you in our prayers.

Diane Owen said...

How sad. She sounds like an amazing person. If you need anything, let me know. Our prayers will be with her.

Allison Holmes said...

It really broke my heart when i heard this news. Everytime I think about her I remember how fantastic of a woman she really is! She is always in our prayers!!

Kunz fam said...

Love you!!!

Janell said...

Unbelievable! I have never heard of someone having all of those cancers at once. And your Aunt Kathy, what a tragedy. I am so sorry for you, for your Mom, for Tyler, I hardly even know her, but I can't keep from crying a few tears over what you are all experiencing. You are all in my prayers.

Courtney said...

This is a tough place to be in. We will keep you and your family in our prayers! Look for the miracles.

Rob & Tiffanie said...

I am sorry for you and your family. It never seems to make sense why some people have to go through so much on earth. I feel tremendously blessed--thanks for the reminder:)

Leslie said...

Wow Tren, so sorry to hear this. When I first saw the picture all I thought was "no way that lady is old enough to be Trendas aunt!" and "she's so pretty!"
I can't imagine the pain, both physical and emotional, that the family is going through. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Nicole said...

I am so sorry you and your family are going through this. It sure touched me hearing about it. She sounds like a wonderful person too. PLEASE bring the kids over so I can watch them if you need/want to go have some one on one time. I will call you! Your family will be in our prayers!

Diane said...

Oh Trenda, I haven't checked on you in a while. Such sad news! Her life sounds like a miracle!