Saturday, July 19, 2008

You take the good with the bad (Williams Reunion, Edition 2)

We have a family reunion on the Williams side (my dad) of the family every summer. This reunion always takes place in Heyburn, Idaho at my Grandma Williams home. She lives right on the Snake River, so we have a good time. . . most of the time! Last year I did a post about the "good and bad" of the reunion, so I thought I'd do the same thing this year . . . good = green, bad = blue.

We celebrated Ambree's birthday again . . . along with Uncle Brian's birthday.

The cake had major issues with not cooking all the way through, sinking, etc. Oh, and I ran out of frosting . . . needless to say it wasn't very pretty, but it sure tasted good!

Due to so many people and much room in the house, we slept in a tent outside!

I don't mind camping, but our air mattress had a leak, the sprinklers were on all night and they were noisy, and birds start chirping really loud at like 4:00am!
We had a beautiful view of the Snake River and very convenient access to it (this is the view from my grandma's backyard) there are steps that lead right down to it.


I did worry often about my kids drowning!

There was a huge yard for my kids to play in!

We got to go boating!
Cade got to go tubing behind the boat for his first time! Here he is with his Aunt Brittany.

Ambree went tubing behind the boat for her first time too! Here she is with her daddy! Yes, I was a little nervous!

Ambree loved this and didn't want to get off!
We decided to go on a little hike up by a lake and have a picnic.

Unfortunately there was snow blocking the road, so the hike started a little earlier than planned!

We had fun anyway! Nothing like hiking in snow while wearing shorts and T-shirts! :)

We enjoyed the beautiful scenery!

And found a trail without snow!
Cade pooped while we were hiking.

Fortunately he was wearing a pull up.

Unfortunately I didn't have an extra one with me.

Fortunately, we were close enough to our starting point for my sisters to run back to our car to get one.

Unfortunately, there were not trashcans around, so I had to carry the poopy diaper with me on the rest of the hike.

Fortunately I did have a zip lock bag to put it in!

We had lots of fun with family! My dad, Dennis, Ambree, me!

The whole trail wasn't snow free, however. My cousin lost her shoe on the way and I rescued it for her!
Ambree was able to practice her modeling skills!

And so did Craig! ;)

We did a little kayaking!

One of the kayaks got a hole in it!


No, Ambree didn't really wear this life jacket . . . she was just playing with it!

The picnic after the hike happened to be the meal that Craig and I were in charge of.

We bought the food, packed it up, loaded it in the car, carried it to the picnic tables on the trail, and right before we were going to eat, a storm came, so we decided to pack up the uneaten food, take it back to the car, drive home, unpack the food, and then we ate the food in the same kitchen that we packed it up the first time . . . if only we had known, we could have saved ourselves a lot of time!

We had a fun talent show and talked about memories of Grandpa Williams.

Right before it was time to leave my kids found a mud puddle . . . Once again!

We made a lot of good memories and can't wait to go back next year! Gotta love Family Reunions!

6 comments:

BallerinaBiker said...

Wow! Looks like so much fun!

Janell said...

Wow, what a reunion. Your grandma's house is AMAZING! I still remember visiting there with you a few times. I can't believe Ambree held on to that tube... strong girl :)

Somer said...

HOW GORGEOUS! AND SO MUCH FUN!

Nicole said...

What a fun reunion, even with the bad, makes the good that much better! Your kids are so cute and Ambree has the best hair styles all the time.

We are going on Tues too to the movie, lets meet in the Food Court at 9:50am so we can sit together, and anyone else who wants to come. It will be fun! Jacqueline will LOVE having Cade there.

Our Family said...

Trenda, I get the biggest kick out of your blogs! They are so fun! Your kids are sooooo adorable... are you sure you don't want to make more??? lol!

Unknown said...

While reading this post and the previous one, I had a good, hard, needed laugh. Thanks for that! Looks like you guys are having a lot of adventures.