Friday, July 11, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise?

I finally had a "free" day today. Free is a very loose way to put it, but basically I had no errands to run and no place I had to be. Sooo, I decided to use today to catch up on laundry, clean bathrooms, prepare my talk for Sunday, and to do all the other tasks that raising children involves. Well, as I sit here (taking a break) I have showered, but still no make up, the bathrooms are still dirty, the laundry is half way folded and laying on my bed, and I haven't even attempted the talk! The funny thing is, I have been "working" all day! So, what is it that I have done you ask?

Worked out, made breakfast, cleaned up breakfast, gave the kids baths, got the kids dressed, showered and got myself dressed, did this one's hair . . .

Worked on keeping this one's underwear dry and poop free . . . an ongoing task! I still clean up messes daily!


Tried to keep this one's diaper and pants on . . . she has discovered how to take them off on her own . . . at least there wasn't any poop involved in this one . . . let the FUN begin!
Found this one's hair, that I worked so hard on earlier in the day, looking like this after her nap . . . really what is the point?

Made lunch, cleaned up lunch, played with the kids for a while, cleaned up various messes, did some laundry, did the dishes, made a veggie tray for a family dinner tonight, and now here I sit.

Many people ask when we will have another child and I say, "when I can keep up with these two", but I am beginning to think that may never happen, so why not have another?! Then I see this picture of when I was pregnant with Ambree and my uterus hurts just from looking at it!

Why oh why would I ever want to put myself through that again? I guess there is the positive side to parenting (what was that again)? Oh, and the commandment thing! Maybe we will try for another one after all . . . some day! Oh, by the way this is NOT an announcement! LOL!

18 comments:

Jenna said...

What a cute hair idea!!! I'll have to try that on Brinna...but I agree...the outcome after a few hours is nearly always the same with Brinna, too...good thing you took a picture!

Lindsay said...

Ambree's hair looks adorable! Too bad it didn't last! And good luck with Cade. Does he wear only underwear all day?

Melissa said...

Oh...I feel like that a lot, too, like no matter how much you do there are always a million things you didn't get to. I would wait it out a bit for baby #3...it is a whole different ball game, at least for me! I am impressed with all you do, and props for working out-it makes you a better mom if you are able to take care of yourself!

BallerinaBiker said...

I was going to ask if you were trying to tell us something!!! : ) Sometimes I think having another girl would be great, but when I think about what I'd have to go through to get one (and still it's a 50/50 chance of even getting one), I think NO WAY!

BTW, Ambree's hair is adorable. I wish Elise would let me do her hair in something other than a ponytail.

I didn't know you were speaking tomorrow. Now, I'm looking forward to church! : ) haha! You'll do great!

Kimberly said...

Thanks for leaving a comment. It always feels good to know that someone else can relate to you and validate your feelings.

That Placentia ward had so many cute optometry students in it. I can only imagine how much you miss it there! Your kids are darling! Your day in paradise sounds just like mine. Seriously! Where does the time go? Sometimes I feel like I am in the middle of ground hogs day,ya know?

Looks like we have a lot in common. I will have to check on you more often! Thanks again for stopping by.

Lyndi Dunlavy said...

I love Ambree's hair like that!! Sounds like you need a REAL day off...It looks like you've been so busy. I hope you are doing great!!

Terra said...

You are super funny. I've been so tired lately keeping up with my little guys too. I just realized that Sam is the age Paul was when I got pregnant with him--crazy.
We'll have you guys over for dinner soon!

Underwood's in Cali said...

Trenda you freakied me out. I didn't read the caption above the prego picture first and I just about died thinking when did that happen :)
don't you think the little boys look so cute in their big boy underwear. AJ's been potty trained for awhile now and I am loving that I don't have to deal with diapers w/ him but the messes aren't so fun. Luckily he's pretty good and I don't have alot to clean up.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

There is a new feature called "Blog List" on the "Add a Page Element" on the Layout page. Just go there and add away. It still has some kinks though. I just checked my site and its not showing the updated times now. And when I go to the person's site its looking funny. Maybe still some glitches?!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

And now two seconds later its working perfectly. Go figure.

Michelle said...

GREAT entry! I love it when Brett comes home and asks what we did today... I always feel it was such a busy day, but when I go to tell him, I have no idea what I did! My "to do list" has like one thing crossed off! :) Ha, ha!

Kevin and Eliza said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. :) What we go through to have children huh. Do let us know when it happens. I had to love that you wrote this is not an announcement. Aren't kids crazy. They are so busy. I'm not sure how you do it with two. One keeps me still super busy. We love ya!

Robin and Stephenie said...

LOL you kill me you are so funny my day has gone about like that today and I wonder what am I going to do with two!

Nicole said...

Very funny post! I feel the same way some days when I clean...what the heack have I gotten done though I feel I have not stopped!! Ambrees hair looks so cute, I need to be better with my girls, they hate getting their hair done so it is a constant struggle. Lets get the kids together again too. Also, your pregnant picture...makes my uterus hurt as well, and I am pregnant!!! You are a cute prego mamma though!

Nicole said...

PS: Great job oun your talks BTW, they were great!

Diane said...

Hi there. I checked in, and had to comment on this "bare bum" post of yours. Too funny! Such an honest entry. I think everyone who reads it can relate. Yes...Tomorrow is another day!

Carrie Anne said...

that was a great post! oh how i can relate all too well.:)

Kath said...

Yeah. And me... the childless one over here-- I have a free day EVERY DAY lately (currently job hunting) and let me just tell you about the things that I DON'T GET DONE!! HA! Shameful isn't it. :) That preggers pic reminds me of you in my WARD IN TEMECULA!! ;) years ago!! :) Hope all is well in paradise!! And thanks for the adorable real-life-update! It's so fun and refreshing!