Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I really don't even know why we have St. Patricks day. Something to do with the Irish, and I don't have a spec of Irish in me, but it's still fun to celebrate! It's always fun to do something a little different than the regular day to day routine. We are all decked out in our green clothes!

Every time I try to get pics. of the kids, it's a battle to get Ambree's thumb out of her mouth! Today was not different. I told Cade to make sure she kept her thumb out of her mouth and this is the result . . .



Yay, we finally got one of Ambree without her thumb in her mouth!

I have never had corn beef with cabbage, which is Irish tradition for St. Patty's day (so I hear). It really doesn't sound good at all to me, so we will be having Chinese Chicken Salad (it has cabbage in it, although it's the wrong country to celebrate . . . oh well). And for dessert we will be having these. . . I thought they seemed fun and healthy!

2 comments:

Robin and Stephenie said...

How fun! we forgot it was St. Patty's day, until we were in the store and everyone was wearing green! oops we will have to start fun traditions next year.

summer c said...

Jon's family always celebrates it b/c I guess they have some irish in them. and they always have corned beef and cabage. Jon doesn't really care but I kind of feel bad b/c I think it would be fun to carry on the tradition. Maybe next year--we didn't even wear green or remember it was St Patricks day this year.
And Easter. Well, I grew up with a basket in the morning. But I decided that I was going to do that the day before and only concentrate on the Resurrection on Sunday. Seriously I don't even get what the basket and candy are all about?